• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Glastron gts 207 2018

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Honestly sounds like dealer broke it, before you took delivery, my dealer took me on a test drive before I bought and took delivery.. In any case, I hope you get a good boat and back on the water! :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So rpms are up, but thrust isn't there.
That much cavitation is going to eat up the impellers fast.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is something fundamentally wrong to cause that kind of performance problem and I would expect it can be corrected. You may need a better dealer and if your closest dealer is 2 hours, you may want to update your profile with your location to get a recommendation on other dealers and/or someone that can help.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They definitely aren't "slow gas hogs". You have an issue. Likely pre-existing, but it's possible you sucked something up the minute you put it in the water. Take a breath and do a little research. Inspect your impeller/wear ring, look for debris. These are incredibly simple and 9 times out of 10 most issues are far more easily resolved yourself. Maybe one of the 'bama guys on here are close and wouldn't mind giving you a few pointers. Unfamiliar with the area, I'll just tag @haknslash

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The pump is severely cavitating. The effect of cavitation on a boat is similar to a clutch slipping on land. The engine spins but is not producing the expected force.

Assuming that Glastron water tests their boats the cavitation must have begun after it left the factory. It may simply be something that you sucked up on the lake. Unfortunately BRP jet drives do not have clean out ports so it is more difficult to diagnose.

Where are you located?

Does yours have the 200 HP or the 250 HP engine? That is not a lot of power for a boat of the size and BRP boats are typically slower than Yamaha's for the rated horsepower.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in alabama... We took it to Lake Martin... one of the cleanest lakes around... I unloaded it cranked it and idled to the end of the no wake zone and tried to give it gas.... it wouldn't even begin to plane...couldn't get over 5 mph.

sent his mechanic with us to lay lake and he throttled it up to 7000 rpms and barely got ot to 25 mph...
I would have taken it straight back to the dealer right here if you were with the mechanic and only hitting 25 mph at 7000 rpm nothing was fixed. Most fixes on these are simple but I agree I wouldn't except it with a new boat I would take it back ask for your old boat back until they can resolve the issue. Don't be surprised though if the dealer tries to throw it back in your court though I will be surprised if they allow the deal to cancel all together more then likely they are going to want to fix it or replace it with another or worse try and say its your fault and that you did something.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jamie Bake4, that is not a great jet boat even in perfect condition. I would jump on any opportunity to return it and buy a previous generation Yamaha 212 or 242 for similar money.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jamie Bake4, that is not a great jet boat even in perfect condition. I would jump on any opportunity to return it and buy a previous generation Yamaha 212 or 242 for similar money.
I don't think that is a solution. Those are great boats and there are many happy owners. Same BRP drivetrain and pump as Scarabs and Chaparrals. These are aircraft-quality engines that are technogically actually far superior to Yamaha offerings at this point.

BTW, I can make my boat drive like @Jamie Bake4 Glastron in a hurry, lol. Five different ways. The trick is to figure out what's going on/missing?

IMHO, the OP would be best advised to chill the f@ck out and deal with the problem at hand. Complaining about gas burn? How do you burn a lot of gas in a boat that goes 5mph at 7,000RPM? Are you kidding me?

I understand frustration, plenty of that in my past and present boating experiences, and beyond... But the OP's attitude is just childish.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski, my thinking is not that BRP propulsion is a problem but that 250 HP in an almost 22 foot boat is never going to perform like a twin engined jet. I suspect that the OP would be disappointed in his boat even if the pump was working correctly.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny thread and sort of suspicious of the overall intent. 2 hours away but really a 1/2 hour away from the dealer? Sorry, can't follow; Unsuscribed but only because I can't help here

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also of these so called nice boats have to run at 7-8000 rpms just to cruise around.... that will be ridiculous on gas..
You might look good and sound good with the new speakers, but there is no way you are going to pull a tube, and definitely never a skier..
My 3.o mercruiser would out do this boat with 1/4 of the gas being used
Your experience today is akin to destroying the prop on your old mercruiser then complaining about lack of efficiency. Something is seriously wrong with that jet pump.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's why you buy brand new.. to not have to fix it...
It's a boat, not a car. I think you'll find most do tend to fix themselves to avoid the hassle of traveling back to the dealer/waiting/etc...unless it's a major/costly repair. Plus you'll want that knowledge and experience should anything go wrong out on the water sometime. You could have something major going on, or something as dumb as a stick stuck in the impeller. I'd at least take a xanax and go check it out. You go back to the dealer all irate and they find a stick in your impeller, they're gonna have fun raping your wallet. They didn't build the boat. They did what you asked them to, and sold you the boat that you picked out. It'd be wise to remember that.

but there is no way you are going to pull a tube, and definitely never a skier..
My 3.o mercruiser would out do this boat with 1/4 of the gas being used
Maybe with yours in it's current state, but that thing will likely run circles around your little baby mercruiser once it's operating correctly.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
25mph at 7000 rpm doesn’t sound too terrible. Now 5mph at 7000 rpm is right. My new 2018 GTS187 is top heavy on the power band. I know I’m only getting to 20mph at around 5,500 rpm. I’m probably go 30 by 7,000 and I can hit 40 by 8,000. I haven’t really pushed it as I’m still under breakin, and that can effect top end as well.

Feels like once the ECU lets up on the breakin she’ll easily hit upper 40’s, especially on smooth glass with little weight.

For some reason I couldnt see the original post, just a picture of the boat. Nice looking boat.