• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Going back to Bimini

Gary212ss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We are going back to Bimini. My wife and I went in June and loved it. Leaving Ft Lauderdale Thursday morning and coming back Sunday. 8/31/17- 9/03/17.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you checked the forecast?

IMG_1692.PNG

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Weather has been shitty everyday here in south Florida with thunderstorms popping up either in the morning or afternoons guaranteed.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great end of August weather is our rain and thunderstorms.

Gary212ss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Bruce, Yes I seen that Sunday is the bad day. Every wave forecast shows near shore will be bumpy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay safe and stay focused on the storms off the African coast and near Cuba.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce, Yes I seen that Sunday is the bad day. Every wave forecast shows near shore will be bumpy.
The forecast is more than bumpy! I would not choose to be out there in the forecast conditions.

The only positive is that Sunday is forecast to have following seas for your return.

From Tuesday through Thursday afternoon the waves are forecast to be northeasterly which means they will be pushing against the stream with the wind in your face. That will have water moving in three directions which is a recipe for rough water.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 11.15.44 AM.png