• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Golf Simulator

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am newly into golfing and looking to set up an at home golf simulator in order to learn my club distances and of course have a fun time playing different courses. I have been looking at the SkyTrak system and really like the accuracy and course variety.

Www.skytrakgolf.com

Do any of you have a SKyTrak or a golf simulator? What is your setup?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never looked into anything like this, but my BIL may have something like this. He's been doing some work in his GarageMahal and I've heard rumors it was for a simulator. This would be nice for our Wisconsin winters.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Damn you @Murf'n'surf. I didn’t realize my garage was missing something until right now! I will be following the discussion. I have played on commercial units around town before but I’m not much help at this stage with your question... I would possibly concerned with the swing sensor being that close to your ball, unless you never plan on shanking any!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe LOL....My garage is too damn hot so this will be going into the house. They sell a steel cover to protect the sensor, well worth the money there!

Considering the cost of everything, I will slowly get something built. Whats crazy is that used units are selling way above retail on ebay due to COVID.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@GiddYupJoe LOL....My garage is too damn hot so this will be going into the house. They sell a steel cover to protect the sensor, well worth the money there!

Considering the cost of everything, I will slowly get something built. Whats crazy is that used units are selling way above retail on ebay due to COVID.
You could keep it simple and snag a GT machine and we can play online all winter! My wife okayed that purchase and now regrets it. Ha!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Holy hell, I'm really into golf and my clubs didn't even cost that much! That would be so awesome. I have a ratty old net in the backyard that I hit into and an imagination that lets me believe I'm improving, until I get out onto the course and find out I still suck.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of my customers is About Golf. Some of the finest simulators in the golf bars. They also produce virtual driving ranges and in home setups.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SkyTrak has been received! Used it in the garage last night for the first time and gotta say.... its pretty damn accurate! I need to start gathering the rest of the items for the full 8' x 13' screen simulator.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SkyTrak has been received! Used it in the garage last night for the first time and gotta say.... its pretty damn accurate! I need to start gathering the rest of the items for the full 8' x 13' screen simulator.
You just hitting into a net right now or is there a projector?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You just hitting into a net right now or is there a projector?
Just hitting into a net for now and watching the data on my ipad.

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am so itching to pull the trigger on this. I think I will be piecing it together for a little while. Starting with the launch monitor when I see the price drop after the holidays. I think I will get a net and mat somewhere else. Their prices on those things are pretty hefty.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SkyTrak will not come down in price due to the overwelming demand because of COVID and holiday buying. You can build your own surround to the screen fairly cheap with netting on amazon and emt pipes or find a simple net like I have for $150.

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I talked to a golf pro buddy about it and he said about twice a year it drops 200-300 bucks in price then jumps back up after a few days. I think I might try to find a cheap TV too to watch shots on.

penziol

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf what mat do you use? I am looking now and trying to find something that doesn't feel like bouncing my clubs off concrete.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf what mat do you use? I am looking now and trying to find something that doesn't feel like bouncing my clubs off concrete.
Its a fiberbuilt linked here. I love it, you dont get any bounce/jar unless you really chunk it. Some say its not life like because you cant get good results compressing the ball because the mat is a bunch of 1.5 inch stiff bristles. Im not at the level of play yet to know that difference. The mat is 75 pounds so not too easy to move but good so it doesnt slide at all while playing.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alrighty.... she’s pretty much done. Takes 5 minutes to set up and 5 to tear down to park my truck inside.
60488876-78E6-4127-BD45-CC2CC0891F32.jpeg39A7D073-4D98-46A9-B452-6F178BDA7CB6.jpeg32CCD963-A475-41AC-B5F0-FE5703E243FF.jpeg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice dude!! I'm jealous!.. Not sure if you are doing any lessons, but I have recently started going to a guy to get my swing a little more consistant. The best thing you can do is tape an alignment rod to the grip of your club. Get a piece of large rope about 8-10 feet long and lay it down as your target line. Practice taking the club back on the target line (rope), and then as the club goes back trace the target line with the end of the alignment rod, then as you follow thru be sure to trace the down range target line (rope) with the club head. Do this slowly over and over to get the muscle memory. Here's a link to a video that is roughly the same thing.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice dude!! I'm jealous!.. Not sure if you are doing any lessons, but I have recently started going to a guy to get my swing a little more consistant. The best thing you can do is tape an alignment rod to the grip of your club. Get a piece of large rope about 8-10 feet long and lay it down as your target line. Practice taking the club back on the target line (rope), and then as the club goes back trace the target line with the end of the alignment rod, then as you follow thru be sure to trace the down range target line (rope) with the club head. Do this slowly over and over to get the muscle memory. Here's a link to a video that is roughly the same thing.

Starting lessons this week with John locally. Welcome to John ES Cochrane Golf Schools Online —

Been thinking about taping a little laser to the end of the club to get this same effect. My goal has been to have the simulator at home so I can work on my swing between lessons whenever I want.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length