• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Good music for a crowd of people ( All -ages )

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Trying to put together a playlist that would encompass all age groups to where it is an even keel mix....( see what I did there )

A lot of the "Cars" music, Dirty laundry- Don Henley, Sheep- Pink Floyd, Ton-Loc (sp?)....etc

Your thoughts?

Interesting...one year I spent hours putting together songs that I thought would work with all the different peeps that we boat with and boy was I disappointed ......

Don't get me wrong, my wife and my other adult friends all enjoyed it, we share similar tastes, but the kids....? Wow, I was blown away by the music that some of the kids had on their phones.

And when I saw my daughters singing along with the rest of 'em (if you call that caterwauling singing) I about shit my pants.

So, what I did for the next trip was to challenge them to put together a few mixes that THEY thought everyone would enjoy and wouldn't be as offensive as some of the stuff they played.

It actually worked - we still have all their mixes and listen to them all the time.

So, what I'd throw out there is to involve the kids...that way they can't bag on you and say your music sucks. And then you'd have to throw them overboard like I did. Although, I rather enjoyed that part. :cool:

The most universal and best loved music in crowds has been a Reggae station on Pandora. All ages love it and it reminds you of being at the beach.

Some artists to use:
  • Bob Marley
  • Damien Marley
  • The Expendables
  • Collie Buddz
  • Cultura Profetica
  • Los Cafres
I really like Damien Marley's album Welcome to Jamrock.

Another option is to create a top 40 station/mix but I usually cant stand most of that.

Lastly, one group that has gotten a lot of good feedback that promotes a chill atmosphere is an album by Pretty Lights called "A Color Map of the Sun."

You can't go wrong with The Eagles, and everyone likes a little AC/DC mixed in. Anything that's a little bluesy, since most all music has blues roots I find a lot of people can relate to it..

I don't know, the Dude hates the f'n Eagles man. But thats just like his opinion man.

@ Glassman thanks for the info and I will keep it in mind for sure. Nothing like trying to reinvent the wheel when someone has already tried it, and my kids would do the same to me.

Keep them coming, I actually never really thought of the reggae idea but could defiantly see that being popular!

Last edited:
Some artists to use:
  • Bob Marley
  • Damien Marley
  • The Expendables
  • Collie Buddz
  • Cultura Profetica
  • Los Cafres
I really like Damien Marley's album Welcome to Jamrock.

Damn.....I'm getting old!!

I have 3 girls (and 1 boy) so don't laugh at some of these.... but our kid friendly mix includes Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Brittany Spears, Sugarland, Kings of Leon (my favorite), a lot of Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Justin Timberlake, and older stuff like Bon Jovi, Steve Miller Band, Journey, Guns n' Roses, Eagles, and of course Jimmy Buffett.

NOW... the adult boating mix includes some Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Bruno Mars, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Kings of Leon, Juicy J, LMFAO, The Lonely Island, Katy Perry and more "booty shakin' music" .... BUT this is strictly a know your audience playlist

@tim2808 funny thing is my girls listen to the bottom playlist type of music...LOL....in radio form of course. My youngest refers to LMFAO to the hamster music.

@jcyamaharider yeah my kids like the radio versions too.... some of the songs though would have every other word beeped out, LOL ("I'm on a boat" for example). Or the parts that aren't beeped out I really don't want to be listening to with my kids around (ex. Juicy J's "Bandz make her dance"). My girls are 12, 10, 8.

My wife on the other hand....... I want her to be taking notes from some of these songs!!!:winkingthumbsup"

There should be some unwritten rules about appropriate music. Was beached at the mild party spot and some ladies started jammin " End of the Road" by Boyz to Men. Even the toddlers were pissed

Coldplay...."Paradise"
Mumford and Sons- "The Cave"
The Lumineers- "Ho Hey"
Crosby, Still and Nash- "Southern Cross"
Otis Redding- "Dock of the Bay"
Brad Paisley- "Water"
Kenny Chesney- "Pirate Flag"
Bob Marley- "One Love"
Jimmy Buffet- "One particular harbor"
Beastie Boys- "Brass Monkey"
Macklemore- "Thrift Shop"

......just an example of how diversified the playlist is. I will never play explicit stuff with kids around or really with other adults that I dont know in the area.

whoomp there it is
boom-p.o.d.
sir mix a lot- hooptie
tone loc=wild thing
any black eyed peas
doobie brothers-listen to the music
most beastie boys

We use Slacker internet radio. They have a lot of stations that play a little bit of everything, depending on what you are in the mood for. Country or dance party for us. You can also turn this explicit lyrics off if you want and it will play the radio versions.

whoomp there it is
boom-p.o.d.
sir mix a lot- hooptie
tone loc=wild thing
any black eyed peas
doobie brothers-listen to the music
most beastie boys

Sir Mix a lot- Baby got back. Yeah

xm hits 1 for the kiddies in the bow seats and alternative nation in the main zone. Sometimes margaritaville depending on vibe of the day.

I threw caution to the wind this year and went with Schwayze, Cisco Adler, Watsky, G-Eazy, Hoodie Allen, etc., and just rolled em into my preexisting boating playlist. If some folks that are offended by such music happen to be on the boat I'll just revert to Spotify/Pandora,etc.

Can't please everyone!

Back