• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Good results using Mary Kate Ultra Vinyl Cleaner

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really wished I had taken some before/after pics of my seats with this product! Last Sunday I was towing to the lake without the cover on and of course a huge bug decided to kill itself on my port side front seat :mad:. It was nasty orange and yellow so of course when I tried to clean it up at the lake it just smeared this bright yellow bug goo everywhere :banghead:. I also had some black scuff marks on my rear cushions ever since I bought the boat that I tried to clean before but had no luck. I also had a nasty ash stain from my father who had his cigarette ash blow back from the wind and onto the seat. Naturally trying to clean it up just resulted in black smears on bright white vinyl :facepalm:.

Yesterday I swing by the local marine shop to see what products they carried as I was hoping to try some Boat Bling stuff but all the had was the Quickie Sauce wax (bought me some) but no Boat Bling vinyl cleaner. Instead they had some Meguiars Vinyl cleaner that I was about to purchase when one of the employees told me all he ever uses is this other stuff they carry by Mary Kate called Ultimate Vinyl Cleaner. He said it works real good for him so I figured I'd give it a try if he swears by it that much. Holy crap he was right! It cleans the seats so good!! It's a foam so you just shake it, spray it on and wait 10-30 seconds and wipe off. It took all of the stubborn stains I had right off without much effort at all, even the scuff marks that I swore would never come off the vinyl when I first got my boat. It also has a nice clean smell IMO. I'm going to go over all my vinyl and clean it real good and then coat with 303 Aerospace Protectant. :winkingthumbsup"

Anyone else try this product on here and have the same results?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reminder....I took the cover off last time out and noticed that a ski vest had been left on the rear seat....and the color from one of the rubber parts transferred to the cushion!

I was not happy.

After all these years, a nasty ol stain. I just won't come out. I even tried acetone!

I'll have to give this stuff a try. I'll try bleach too if I have to. :eek:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Glassman - I had a ring from the kids snorkel mask ... took it off with a lot of elbow grease and a Magic Eraser.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's raining and looks like the only boating I'll be doing is in the garage. Since it poured on me last time out in the boat and I used it for 7 hours straight, the interior got dingy and needs to be cleaned. I figured this was a good time to show you guys how easy this product cleans and works....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So here's a hell of a test for ANY cleaner.... ROOFING SHINGLE ASPHALT + SAW DUST!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:mask::mask::mask::mask::eek::eek::eek:

I had this cushion sitting safely up in my attic for years because I upgraded to the jetboat pilot conversion kit. Recently we had our roof replaced and a new roof vent system cut and installed into the roof. Everything in my attic got covered with shingle asphalt and saw dust and I mean EVERYTHING! I was going in the attic to get my cushion down so I can sell it to a member on here. When I got to my cushion and saw all the tons of crap on it I nearly cried for the poor thing. It looked ruined and no way I was going to salvage the cushion from what felt like goo and resin from the shingles asphalt. So i put the Mary Kate ultra Vinyl Cleaner to the test. The results speak for themselves!!

BEFORE

cover.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

Last edited:

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow you should send the company those pics and the testomonial for their site.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ha. Just searched it and your video was second thing to come up.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just ordered; could use all the help I can get. @haknslash thank you for the tip!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Let us know how you like it! This stuff came recommended to me from a fisherman. Those guys deal with some nasty stuff that gets caked onto vinyl so I figured he had tried a lot of cleaners and recommended this for a reason. That single can is the same one I bought in 2016 and it has lasted me until yesterday. After I cleaned the vinyl I go back over and protect it with 303 Aerospace UV Protectant spray. The combination of those two products I feel has kept my interior in top shape.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just ordered; could use all the help I can get. @haknslash thank you for the tip!
Received and tried. I'm impressed. It removed about 75-80% of dirt from the seats by just following directions. Got some of the tougher marks off with elbow grease. I would recommend it also. Thx!