• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Goodyear Endurance trailer tires

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried these? I’m replacing the bias plys that came with the trailer and these are at the top of the list. I know a bunch of you guys got replacement Carlisles but considering something else and hopefully a nicer option. I pull about 4000 miles a year.

Oh and hi! Haven’t seen you guys most of the winter. Busy in the shop.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Regardless what you do, change out those bias plies and go with Radials...espeically with the distance you tow. It'll be like a new trailer behind you.

on my 2009 I changed out the Bias plies with Maxxi 8008s. These tires served well for 5+ years and 2,000 miles of towing per year.

on the 2017, I changed out the Bias Plies with Good Year Endurance Tires. So far I've liked these a lot. If you stay with the stock 14" size (I did) they do not make the Endurance in the C Load Range and you'll have to step up to D. That's not a crime as those tires will be for a heavier load. You will also run 65 PSI in each tire. I traded off the stock tires with less than 10 miles on the trailer. After one year I've been happy with these tires.

As a side note, if you're looking at swapping out the tires, why not do your wheels as well? I ordered 5 new aluminum wheels from https://recstuff.com for $75 each before I even took delivery of the boat and then bought the tires locally at America's Tire and had them mounted and balanced. When I got the boat, I sold the original tires locally on Craigslist for $300 cash. So basically for the price of one wheel ($75) I was able to upgrade the wheels. Do it....you'll be happier in the long run. Here's the setup I have on the day I took delivery...
IMG_4182.jpg

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a good thought on the wheels. I’m also happy to go to a D load rating.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Totally, as the guy at the tire shop said, the boat may bounce a little more on the trailer, but the Ds will give you some more safety margin.

And I was able to "justify" those new wheels in that they only cost $75 extra...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Totally, as the guy at the tire shop said, the boat may bounce a little more on the trailer, but the Ds will give you some more safety margin.

And I was able to "justify" those new wheels in that they only cost $75 extra...
my endurances actually bounce it less than the bias plys. A lot less!

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just purchased 205/75/15 Goodyear Endurance tires and new rims. 0.4inch total increase in diameter. Like all of my new mods I have to wait until May to install. Looking forward to towing with more tire confidence not to mention experiencing better handling with my new Jet Boat Pilot’s lateral thruster and vectors.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are outstanding when compared with the Carlisle Bias Ply, bonus is I got mine with aluminum wheels. Trailer bounces less, tracks better and they are rated to 81mph makes me feel much better having those under my boat.0C5164A1-7E47-4B9D-8B13-DBA1CFE489E1.jpeg

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love mine, wouldn't have anything else. I have them on the boat, camper, utility trailer, and fishing boat. Never a problem one.

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just picked up my new 15 inch Goodyear Endurance tire which is now made in the USA. I will be installing on my single axle Shorlander in April. Nice to know I have a North American made tire between the road and the rim.

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ran Goodyear Endurance all last season. In my opinion, it's the top dog in trailer tires currently. Indeed superior to the Maxxis M8008...

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X2 @wardial !

I've had mine for 2 seasons and they are way better than the Maxxi's

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got new food year Goodyear endurance tires 215/74 r14 for my sore lander trailer. What pressure should i set them at?

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For trailer tires, I generally will go to the highest pressure printed on the tire for the max load. At that pressure you get the least sidewall flex; sidewall flex creates heat and dramatically hastens tire failure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got new food year Goodyear endurance tires 215/74 r14 for my sore lander trailer. What pressure should i set them at?
I just bought the same tires a month ago. They are 75s not 74s. To get the max load rating capacity out of them (2,200 lbs) they need to be inflated to 65 psi (it should be on the side wall). I’ve always been told by the America’s tires guys to inflate all trailer tires to their max spec.

Another good reason to upgrade the rims is so that they have a load capacity that matches the tires. My stock rims had a 1,900 lb. capacity so I upgraded them to match the endurance’s rating.

Finally, it only cost around $60 to replace my old bearing buddies with new ones from pacific trailer. The new ones are designed so that the cover doesn’t need to be removed to see how much grease is in it and the bearing buddy as well as the center cap are stainless steel. After spending almost $300 per tire and wheel combo I added new wheel locks as well.
8E8C26DC-11E1-4C5D-AEC0-5F79C8CF50D1.pngE763DD09-FE0F-4B93-95C4-E3BFB676907F.png

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I run mine at 60 and the max pressure is 65. I think the stock tires are a load range C and these are D (they are an upgrade in load). I also upgraded my wheels when I swapped out the tires and I bought them from Recstuff.com. I also sold the old wheels & tires with less than 10 miles on them on Craigslist to a local Gardner and got $300 out of them. Thus the new wheels only cost me an extra $75 or so in the end. the look is MUCH better. Here's a pic from the day I picked her up...IMG_4182.jpg

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the input - yes 215/75 (typo). What i'm hearing is that these tires are more than qualified to handle the weight with a better weight rating. I figure 60lbs PSI Should suffice as I'm still at a higher capacity than the Carlisle R14 I had received 3 years ago (which replaced the Bias Tires - which were horrible. . . ).
Ronnie - see you are in the bay area - any lakes/marinas open up there - All of the Southern Cal marinas/lakes are still shutdown - that's why I'm going to Powell/Mead for 2-3 weeks. Thanks again!