• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GoPro & Medallion

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does anyone try to connect a camera to Medallion , I know you can go to settings on the screen and there's two movie files there , how do you watch your cam ?

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You need to insert the SD card into the medallion or transfer the file via USB

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You need to insert the SD card into the medallion or transfer the file via USB
Thanks . I was actually looking for live preview , otherwise I can watched at home

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
No worries. Almost forgot, use the "file transfer" in the medallion. I was researching on why that was there and that's why. I could swear I saw somewhere, there was a go pro mount in top of the light on the tower and you could use camera 1 or 2 for recording or viewing. I can't find it now, lol

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
No worries. Almost forgot, use the "file transfer" in the medallion. I was researching on why that was there and that's why. I could swear I saw somewhere, there was a go pro mount in top of the light on the tower and you could use camera 1 or 2 for recording or viewing. I can't find it now, lol
File transfer I don't think I have this option my. BOat is 2016

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you have a USB slot or coax connection?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is a Go Pro mount indent on top of the wake tower rope holder, we haven't connected our Go Pro Hero 5 to the boat just yet but it's on our "To Do List". I've already stuck on the Go Pro flat mount using the 3mm tape provided - just finding the time to syn the camera & viper 2 system.

I know yrs previously there was some issues with connecting a camera to the Viper system therefore one of the reasons Bluetooth capability is available - hence why we purchased the Go Pro Hero 5 w/ Bluetooth connection capability.

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good to know. Have you had a chance to connect it ?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good to know. Have you had a chance to connect it ?
We're gonna give a try this weekend, lots to do. I still need to set up the different SKI modes settings & also try dial in a decent surf wake w/ the ballast system....

If it get's too hot we may end up tying up w/ friends, just depends but yeh I'm anxious to get it all dialed in.

mHoups

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does this work?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Medallion rep validated Viper 2 system will not support Go Pro Camera - only way is to hard wire camera into the ports on the backside of the system utilizing the Camera 1 & 2 view options. We've decided to continue using out Go Pro Hero anyway just control it via our Iphones va/ the Capture app - it just won't be viewed via the Viper 2 screen as initially advised at the sale point. Frustrating but nevertheless it's gonna get the job done.