• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got 10,750rpms today

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never drive fast but today I was heading to the ramp by myself today and I decided to see what it would do and I hit 10.5 and 10.75. The 10,750 was on the engine with the new ecu and plugs in it. I'm not sure if it's good to hit that high of rpms but I was impressed.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow. That has to be the highest I have heard of. If you listen closely you can hear $Cha-Ching$

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What was the GPS indicated speed?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't have gps but my speedo is normally pretty accurate (vacation is the only time I'm out without gps). It was showing 55. At 10,200 it was gps 51-53 depending on conditions. My throttles weren't in-sync so I went to adjust my throttle cable and found it to be loose. Today was the first time I hit full throttle since adjusting it a month ago. I only go that fast maybe once a year just to make sure everything is working right. I normally don't go over 8000 rpms.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't have gps but my speedo is normally pretty accurate (vacation is the only time I'm out without gps). It was showing 55. At 10,200 it was gps 51-53 depending on conditions. My throttles weren't in-sync so I went to adjust my throttle cable and found it to be loose. Today was the first time I hit full throttle since adjusting it a month ago. I only go that fast maybe once a year just to make sure everything is working right. I normally don't go over 8000 rpms.
55 would be the fastest speed I've every heard of on this era of boat. GPS is typically 47-50 max.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed but I've never seen 10,750. I've never hit less than 51. I wish I had my phone to check the actually gps and to take a pic. I normally don't drive over 22-25 and have less than 9 ppl on board. If didn't see it I would never believe it. Honestly could careless how fast it goes. As long as it runs good is all I care about

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed but I've never seen 10,750. I've never hit less than 51. I wish I had my phone to check the actually gps and to take a pic. I normally don't drive over 22-25 and have less than 9 ppl on board. If didn't see it I would never believe it. Honestly could careless how fast it goes. As long as it runs good is all I care about
Pilot tube and paddlewheel speedos are just not accurate and the accuracy curve is not linear. If it's 2% off at 30 MPH it could be 5% at 40 MPH and 12% at 50 MPH etc. From my understanding it's not engine RPMs that limit the speed but the limit of the pumps. You can only get so much water from a straw whether you are sucking on it or you hook it up to an industrial pump with 2oo hp for example. I very rarely if ever run WOT but I got 46 on Perfect Pass GPS with almost a boat full of people and a lot of gear under perfect condition last week .

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
My turn about 10500 to 10600 on most cases when the plugs are new but over time it drops a little but stays at or just under 10500 I actually was out yesterday and ran her wot for a little bit and she was turning 10500 on both .

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just excited because that's the highest I've seen my tachs and speedo get regardless of what the gps says. I won't get a chance to try it again for another year

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty impressive! We just moved to a new house so I haven't had much time on the water yet this summer. That being said, the engines haven't gone higher than 10,000 RPM this year but I am still burning the tank I filled back in October when I put it away for the winter. By the end of this weekend I'll hopefully be ready for some fresh fuel and that might make a difference. My top GPS speed every was 47 in fresh water.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Never seen more than 9750 or so. Hit 52. I would love toget 10000 rpm but not ready to spend money to get it

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi flow super charger... nitrous shot... change the pump to something the size of a tractor tire..... shoudnt be that much!