• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new boat!!!

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well after all my questions and looking and looking I found a 2018 AR 195. About 2-3 weeks ago I didn’t think I would find one. I’m in Minn and there was nothing in Mn, ND, SD, Wis, or Iowa and then on my last call there was one in Neb. I thought about buying a scarab but decided I didn’t feel good about it. Because of some things I read about it online. Then I though ok I can settle with a Vortex but I just didn’t not want the Rotax engine. So then me and the wife said fine if we can’t get the jet boat we want let’s just get an i/o. I found this Four Winns 210 new for around 43,000 it was very nice. But then I found the Yamaha!!!! And we took it out for the first time today it was awesome. With a full tank of gas and 350lbs of people I got it up to 46-48mph

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats... replace that bow roller ASAP...

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I saw some people post that but the one on my trailer looks fine.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations
Always nice to hear the maiden voyage went well

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@noboat Now you change your handle (name) and boat info. on the forum, congratulations!

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes! Yes I can. I will have think think of something

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I saw some people post that but the one on my trailer looks fine.
It will appear fine. The problem is your gel coat won't after a few launches.

The roller that comes on the trailers is made of a hard plastic which will scuff and mark up the gelcoat. That's why many of use swap it out for the soft material Stoltz bow rollers.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats “noboatnomo”! In addition to the stoltz bow roller, I would get some 60” CE Smith lit guideposts. I found both on the Yamaha and our old boat that powerloading will leave scratches on the hull where the bunks rub (at least where we boat). I like to back in deeper and just guide the boat on by hand and the posts are inavaluable for that.

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I guess I must go shopping

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats to another Yamaha owner in our region!

We made it out on three different lakes this weekend. Friday night we were out on Ottertail (huge lake) and saw 3 Yamahas in the marina, and 2 more on the dock at Zorbaz besides ourselves! It was like a family!

PS: our friends saw a new 242x on Pelican (another great lake) and the sheriff was writing them a ticket for riding on the swimdeck. So enjoy your swimdeck with caution. My wife thinks it's the greatest seat in the boat.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
replace the bow roller, simple to do and cheap. They should list the bow roller on the trailer as a shipping bow roller to alert users to change it. Mine was so smashed from the factory that it was obvious I needed to change it.

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! We went to big cormorant on sun day and pickerel (near otter tail) on sat. It was great so far we love the boat.
I’m would assume that you can’t sit the swim deck unless your engine is off. Even with a life jacket on?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! We went to big cormorant on sun day and pickerel (near otter tail) on sat. It was great so far we love the boat.
I’m would assume that you can’t sit the swim deck unless your engine is off. Even with a life jacket on?
According to the MN DNR Boating Regulations: It is against the law to ride or sit on the gunwales, bow, transom, or decking over the bow, sides or stern of any motorboat while underway, unless it is equipped with an adequate railing. It is also illegal to operate a motorboat while any person is so riding or sitting.

So in other words there is no rail or handle on the swimdeck, it would be illegal, and illegal for you to allow it. That being said, and carbon monoxide aside, it's a fun place to ride. It goes against every safety grain in your body, but it's undeniable.

At speed, carbon monoxide is a non issue, as the air is moving quite rapidly. At surf speeds, it could easily overcome someone. But then again, that's when the weight on the swimdeck is most appreciated.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Noboat, are you going to be able to change your screen name? Or are you sticking with it?

Where is your home lake going to be in the area? Or will you become one of the many lake gypsies that roam from lake to lake?

"Like Carnies, Nomads you know, smell of cabbage"

noboat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to change my screen name yesterday but didn’t see where or how to change it.
Right now we will be like nomads or gypsies moving from lake to lake. But More like the Brad Pitt looking gypsies! Hehe.
We now people on otter tail, pickerel and star so most likely that is where we will gravitate to I think.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The serious people watching will be on Pelican and Big Detroit this coming week. But that will also be filled with law enforcement as well.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried to change my screen name yesterday but didn’t see where or how to change it.
Right now we will be like nomads or gypsies moving from lake to lake. But More like the Brad Pitt looking gypsies! Hehe.
We now people on otter tail, pickerel and star so most likely that is where we will gravitate to I think.
@Julian can do it. PM him. I think he may be in Bimini now.