• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got some fish slime on the boat today

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Went out fishing today and managed to catch 8 cat fish! Great day on the water!

IMG_0780.JPG

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took my 18 SX210 flats fishing This past weekend in flamingo florida and caught this nice black drum

Attachments

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great catch partner! I’m envious!

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Peter Alonso That's a nice fish! How did your sx perform in the flats? Did you have to make any stops to clean the marsh grass out of the pumps?

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Brandon_SC Thanks! my SX performed great for the type of boat that it is. the ski locker did a great job as a fish box, held about 6 bag of ice for the entirety of the trip then again it was about 49 degrees outside and the swim platform was a great fishing platform. Anchoring was a challenge due to the offset bow cleats, the boat tended to sway back on forth so i was able to put the boat where i wanted to in fear of ending up in the mangroves. in regards to your marsh grass concern. No issue with grass beds, although flamingo is part of the everglades i stayed in the bay area and fished a large channel area called "East Cape" which did not contain marsh grass. My biggest concern was regarding engine cooling and fear of clogging the intake for the water. The waters in flamingo more often than none are heavily saturated with churned up sand/mud providing a "muddy waters" conditions do to the extreme tidal changes. I paid close attention to GPS as well as my live depth finder to ensure i stayed within the 2.5-3' tolerance but the skinniest water I ventured into at full speed was about 2' for about
300 yrds