• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got the call!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My new 2022 AR 190 is in! This will be my first boat, so I am little nervous. Picking it up December 7 (it's three hours from my home).
Congrats! Go over it with a fine tooth comb! Plan on spending as long as you can at the dealer! At the very least, if you have that punch list done, you can take the boat with their SIGNED agreement to fix these items later. But I'd prefer to have them fixed BEFORE I leave with it.

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered it in July with deposit. I had no clue when it would get here.

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please schedule extra time to inspect the boat thoroughly. Especially how far you have to travel. Look for things you would not normally look for on a new boat. Fit and finish, check anything that opens or closes, look for interior scuff's tears. Open your bimini fully and inspect the bimini cover, ours was damaged, so was one of the seats. Check your cup holder rings if they are like the ones on my AR250 they will be lose and will eventually fall off. It is easier to get addressed before you leave. I love my boat but it is not they quality of fit and finish my Yamaha motorcycle is.
Congratulations and enjoy your new boat.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! :cool:

mrcastel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Dealer prep / freight? Assuming some where between $5k-$12k

Tony Prwivo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
In my opinion it’s not the height of the trailer ball that matters . It’s more important for the trailer to be level when you hook up to your vehicle And you are lowered completely on the trailer hitch ball. This disperses the weight evenly and your tongue weight is not too much or too little. They make stick on levels for your trailer or you can just eyeball it. Having an adjustable tow hitch is nice so you can adjust up or down as needed.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I buy boat or rv I buy the hitch/ball setup at the dealer they always have it and it’s not that expensive, you can also ask them to level it for you if you haven’t done it before

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Got her home. Three hour drive. First time hauling and backing. All went smoothly. Supposed to be 80 on Saturday. Maiden voyage time.
Congratulations on your new B.O.A.T.....Have a blast on your maiden voyage. Don't forget to break that lady in.

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats! You are going to love boating! This is a great place to learn from the masters! Post lots of pictures so we can share in your excitement!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors installed and ready to go!
After you try out the thrust vectors, throw some 2.0 lateral thrusters on as well! Enjoy mate!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats! Boat On! The 190's are great platforms to start your boating adventures with. My 190 is still going strong 4+ years later and we go almost every weekend. You will love it.

(do yourself a big favor as pointed out above by others---check it over with a fine tooth comb. 1. Mine leaked from the ski locker into the gas locker. EZ fix with a little epoxy. 2. My seatback cushion starboard side bow was not bolted down, the wing nuts were left on the floor of the bow hold. 3. My galv shorlandr trailer had the worst wiring imaginable...was wasted in 6 months from corrosion.)

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors are ordered. Putting them on as soon I get them

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict