• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS antenna plastic cover

Juan Tascon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

I have a Yamaha 2016 AR240

I am looking just for the plastic cover of this antenna. Where Cain I find it?
The antenna is working fine, it is just the outside plastic round cover I need to replace since my kid broke it so it isn’t worth to pay for the entire unit.
could you suggest where to find it? An used on would be good also. Please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Following, my cover broke off too. It’s all superglued back together but not sure how long it will last. Let us know if find a replacement cover or a reasonable price on a new complete unit.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cover is not available seperate. You would have to make your own

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many people need a new cover or spare? I may have an opportunity to get a bunch of covers. I've estimated 10 to help cover off the community . . . but if you may need one let me know. No guarantees at this point. A resource is checking if they can send them over as replacements separately.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would buy a few spares if price is right

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome!! I would buy two of they are reasonable.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How many people need a new cover or spare? I may have an opportunity to get a bunch of covers. I've estimated 10 to help cover off the community . . . but if you may need one let me know. No guarantees at this point. A resource is checking if they can send them over as replacements separately.
I would be interested too. Mine flew off day one, fashioned a sad looking cover from a sour cream container.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How visible is it? Tinkercad and a submission to a 3D printer may also result in an acceptable replacement. There are some artifacts in a 3D printed item, but may be better than a cracked cover if the manufacturer does not come through.

Best of Luck!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I need one too. Same thing, kid cracked the cover while cleaning the boat. Thanks!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the manufacturer came back and said no go . . . I think we'll have to look at the 3D printing option. Pretty sure they want to sell the bull options. Sorry everyone . . . I tried with the manufacturer.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced my damaged one with a new one. I am planning to take the broken one to a plumbing supplier to see is something like a pvc end cap or similar will come close enough to modify

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't have the cap, (wrong boat) but if someone takes a caliper to take some measurements I can try something simple in tinker cad so you guys can decide if it's close enough to make it worthwhile to print.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would purchase one! I need it!

tadmcmichael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone ever resolve this? After trailering the boat, my cover blew off.
Guess the best option is the Ranger part number listed above.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't have the cap, (wrong boat) but if someone takes a caliper to take some measurements I can try something simple in tinker cad so you guys can decide if it's close enough to make it worthwhile to print.
I think I found the manufacturer for it (same as above thread) and contacted them to ask if they could sell the cover or parts of it. They said they would get back to me but from the threads above, I don't think they'll sell just the cover.
The detentions are 80MM x 25MM and in the spec in the link. Again looks like the right GPS antenna to me and I measure about the same diameter on my plate under the (lost) cover.

If you could make a cover, something tells me there's several others that could benefit from it. Obviously glad to purchase one from you glue it in place and be on my way!

Attachments