• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS Comm Error - Broken Antenna Cover??

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All - I have a 2016 AR240 and on the starboard side, directly in front of the windshield, there is some exposed electrical component. It looks like it had a cover but it broke off.

I washed the boat down after going out today and forgot about this exposed component and it got wet. While I was flushing the engine with the hose, the connext system was beeping and I got "GPS Comm Error" on the screen.

I'm assuming the two things have to be related so can anyone tell me what that is (GPS antenna for Connext??) and where can I find a replacement for that part with the cover?

Thanks in advance!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was told by the salesman that is the radio antenna but I knew more than him about the boat from reading here lol. That is the gps I looked it up for myself.

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it might also but I would like to get the cover if the part isn't ridiculous $$

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my service manual it is all one part.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my service manual it is all one part.
Yep. Parts fiche from Babbitts confirms... Check out #2.
Ouch.
upload_2018-7-8_15-19-38.png

--

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might be time for some creative thinking. Lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi All - I have a 2016 AR240 and on the starboard side, directly in front of the windshield, there is some exposed electrical component. It looks like it had a cover but it broke off.

I washed the boat down after going out today and forgot about this exposed component and it got wet. While I was flushing the engine with the hose, the connext system was beeping and I got "GPS Comm Error" on the screen.

I'm assuming the two things have to be related so can anyone tell me what that is (GPS antenna for Connext??) and where can I find a replacement for that part with the cover?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have YES warranty? I would assume it would be covered. My boat is also complaining of GPS Comm Error....my first step is to check the connections underneath to see if something shook loose.

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I have YES coverage & was hoping the dealer would cover the part but I'm not extremely confident since the cover is broken off.

I'm still waiting for the seller to send me the title so I'll take it in after I get that all sorted. Do I need to register as the new owner somewhere to take advantage of the YES coverage as the new owner or does it just stay with the boat/vin?

Thanks for all the help so far - it is definitely the #2 part and push comes to shove - I guess $260 isn't too bad.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another thread is close to making cover.....https://jetboaters.net/threads/gps-antenna-plastic-cover.20423/page-3