• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grand Canyon and Lake Powell

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning my tow from Ft. Lauderdale to Calgary. I'm planning on stopping at the Grand Canyon Village before launching at Lake Powell.
Mrs. Moose is not a camper, and not much of a hiker, and I don't think that she'd be a big fan of river rafting.
Sooooo, with that in mind, I'm thinking that a day at the Grand Canyon village should be enough... kind of like a Griswold moment.
I'm thinking that two days at Lake Powell should be enough.

What do y'all think?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm planning my tow from Ft. Lauderdale to Calgary. I'm planning on stopping at the Grand Canyon Village before launching at Lake Powell.
Mrs. Moose is not a camper, and not much of a hiker, and I don't think that she'd be a big fan of river rafting.
Sooooo, with that in mind, I'm thinking that a day at the Grand Canyon village should be enough... kind of like a Griswold moment.
I'm thinking that two days at Lake Powell should be enough.

What do y'all think?
Plan on 3 days at Lake Powell, we go there every year and sometimes stay for a week, it is such a huge lake with magnificent beauty everywhere - you will definitely want to do some exploring. If you stay in Page, AZ I highly recommend the Days Inn, ask for Becky the Manager and say you are a friend of Dan Pilgrim's, ask if she can extend the good guy discount. While in town Big John's Texas BBQ, Fiesta Mexicana, Strombolli's, and the Dam Bar & Grille are good places to eat.

I do not have any recommendations for the Grand Canyon Village, heck I live here and never go up to the Grand Canyon, went when I was a kid and I was good with that.