• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grandson's Special Dinner

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Made a special dinner for our Grandson, Aidan. It was Maryland style crab cake made with fresh Maryland lump crabmeat served with steak fries and broccoli. For desert we had one of Benjamin Franklin's favorite a Parmesan cheesecake. Although I had never made it before highly recommend it. There was only one piece left and that went home with our Grandson.[flag]B4F49CAE-64C9-4EC9-9069-AA080CF1B631_1_201_a.jpeg1172523C-189F-4FED-9B42-FBB39F77B3FF_1_201_a.jpegB0460E81-FAC3-40F2-B95F-59271886621D_1_201_a.jpeg8B3BEBB0-227C-4845-8F87-F7D8D71DCB00_1_201_a.jpegC385FF64-6B94-4955-80FD-168F44B894E0_1_201_a.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm gonna need that cheesecake recipe, I can't resist ANY cheesecake, and it's one of the few "easy" desserts that fits nicely with my dietary suggestions.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P. S. Everything else is an awesome choice for my tastes as well, although I prefer cauliflower over broccoli if I can get fresh stuff! Looks SO good!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
P. S. Everything else is an awesome choice for my tastes as well, although I prefer cauliflower over broccoli if I can get fresh stuff! Looks SO good!
Both please...

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"
I'm gonna need that cheesecake recipe,
"drewkaree Here is one recipe: This recipe for the cheesecake does not require a water bath ( I assume because back in those times water was a scarce commodity and had to be drawn from a well or stream). Because it does not use a water bath the cheesecake will sink wench cooled, that know way impacts the flavor.

I used a 9" springform pan with the sides and bottom buttered and cooked it at 350.

The crust was a graham cracker crust one version is as follows:.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon of sugar
4 ops of melted butter

Mix all the dry ingredients and stir in the melted butter, press firmly into the bottom and up the sides. bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the op begins to brown. Let cool.

For the cake batter:

11/4 cups of parmesan cheese
6 ops of cream cheese soften at room temp
2 oz of sour cream
2 eggs separated
1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest

Mix the cheeses, sour cream, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, and zest until incorporated and smooth
beat the egg whites to s tiff peak and fold in to the mixture. bake for about 25 to 30 minute or until the center is mostly set. let cool then refrigerate for at least four hours.

I used a slightly different version found in another one of Chef Staib's cookbook "tThe City Tavern Cookbook"

The crust used:
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of sugar6 Tablespoons of melted butter

The filling:

1 cup of parmesan cheese
8 ozs of soften cream cheese
2 eggs separated
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest

mix the cheeses, sugar and the 2 egg yolks until well incorporated then mix in the lemon juice and zest.

Whip the egg whites into a meringue and fold into the cheese mixture. (here I had problems making the meringue as I could not get them to whip properly. So I started that over and used a version of my meringue recipe for lemon pie: four egg whites, 1/4 cup ofsugar with 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar and cornstarch mixed with water.) I eyed ball the amount of meringue I added to the cheese mixture and used the left over to serve as a topping.

Cook the same way as above.

Hope you enjoy [flag]