• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Graphic peeling, help!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jetboaters,

My lower graphic is peeling. I am not sure of the best way to stop this. It sits right on the water line. I am considering a small section of black pin striping to hold it down. Like the graphics, so don't say, "Peel it off!"

Thoughts??image.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure that will stick back down. You could always trim back to a place where it is still bonded with an exacto in either a gentle angle or very slight curve. Then you may want to seal the bottom edge with maybe a small clear coat brush. If you stop it now, the trim may not even be noticeable. Once it peels it looks like the water flow really helps make it worse. Last resort...new graphic $$

Bryan, the entire graphic may only be a couple hundred. But they are pieces and each piece used to be available separately on iboats.com

Mine was peeling when I bought the boat......hence the reason you don't see the stars on the side of mine. I still think something needs to be there where the red (in your case black) and the white meet, so me and my graphic guy have been working on a few things. Both sides of my oem boat graphics were about $600. I think I can get them on Yamahasportsplaza for around $500. But for that kind of money, I figured I could get something custom. Now just wish I could decide on what I want.

Two possible solutions keeping budget in mind. You can buy clear 3M protectant sheets at the local auto store or even Wally World. Use the clear protectant sheet to span the gap and hold your decal in place. You can also look for an edge sealing pen from a vinyl wrap supply house on the net. These edge pens apply a clear sealer that will adhere your sticker to the hull and protect it from getting pulled up again.

I had a similar issue with a graphic on the gel coat of a toyhauler. What I did: Gently pull back the vinyl and using big Q-tips, clean both surfaces with alcohol (acetone or adhesive remover on the gel coat - carefully, to remove the old adhesive if you need to) 3M 80 adhesive - if you can't find that, 77 or 90 should work.

Haven't had it lift yet, but it doesn't sit in water either. I hope it works out for you.

Back