• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Great day today!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picked up my new to me '15 242 limited S today and couldn't be happier. Got her home and started going through the connext system, listening to music in my driveway, and enjoying a cold beer. Going to be sunny and 75 here tomorrow so plan on being out on the lake.

I think the black boat looks great with my silver truck. I also think I need a bigger driveway!image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Looks great @MattFX4. Have fun tomorrow. Take it slow and easy till you get use to the handling characteristics of these boats. It will be a quick learning curve.

I love the new boat @MattFX4 !! Congrats!

You may want to check into some Firestone air ride bags for the rear of the F150. They are cheap, and make towing that monster so much more enjoyable. I had them on my 2014 F150 and loved them.

You may want to check into some Firestone air ride bags for the rear of the F150. They are cheap, and make towing that monster so much more enjoyable. I had them on my 2014 F150 and loved them.
I'm getting them installed on my 2095 durango this coming week with a air compressor. ... my durango doesn't squat much but the new trailer makes it bounce slightly when towing... not enough to worry a normal person... but I am far from normal ...

Thanks! I agree. I installed leveling coil springs on the front so it sits perfectly level when not towing. The down side every time I tow anything now or put any weight in the bed it squats really bad. I'm going to look in to options for the rear now.

Nice boat! Let the mods begin!
(Also got a laugh from the little guy near the front tire - didn't notice him at first glance, only when I looked for the rear squat on the truck!)

Congrats! Man that is one great looking boat!

(Also got a laugh from the little guy near the front tire - didn't notice him at first glance, only when I looked for the rear squat on the truck!)

Thanks! Ha, yeah I didn't notice he was in the pic until later. I got a good laugh out of it. That's my little man. He's excited about the boat even though he isn't quite sure what it is yet

That was like a where's Waldo thing. Had to look back a couple times to see him.

Great boat! Congrats!!

image.jpeg

Picked up my first mod to boat. Batteries were weak from sitting. Plan to add 3rd battery once I upgrade stereo system.

Congrats on the boat @MattFX4 Looks like the neighbors want in on the action too, got the chairs all ready to go ;)

Nice boat looks like the neighbors were hanging out waiting for something to happen looking at the chairs in driveway ! Want goes on around there when a new boat isn't arriving next door?

Congrats on the new boat. I am partial to black and she is a beauty. You might want to pick up some Boat Bling Hot Sauce to keep the boat shining and keep the water spots at bay.

Ditto on the all black color. Super sharp. I looked at a 2014 model with the same paint, but it didn't have all of the new stuff on the 2015 and 2016's. Congrats.

Nice boat looks like the neighbors were hanging out waiting for something to happen looking at the chairs in driveway ! Want goes on around there when a new boat isn't arriving next door?

Ha probably watching kids play in the culdesac.

Well, had a great 1st day out on the water today. Couldn't ask for better weather. Really like the boat, and it was a blast to drive. Putting it back on the trailer was a task. After several attempts I still couldn't get it exactly centered on the trailer. It's only off an inch or so but still is driving me crazy. I need to figure out the optimal distance to back trailer in water to load the boat. Not sure what works best for these boys. May be back out on water next weekend so will try again then.

image.jpeg
He's ready to go.

image.jpeg
Little man helping pawpaw try to figure out the tie down strap release.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
That's awesome @MattFX4 boat looks great enjoy!

I find similar to others I finally the way and pull out to top of the trailer fenders. Get pretty close to center most times.

@MattFX4. Try backing the trailer in till the tops of the fenders are just barely submerged. That should leave about 18 inches of your forward bunk boards above water to grab and center your boat on the trailer.

Ok cool. That gives me a starting point. I think I had the trailer in to deep and the rear end was floating around on me. Do you guys recommend using boats power to push it up to bow stop, or winching it? I feel like the winch is too much pressure on the front of the boat. Maybe not though.

Back