• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grill bag

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bought a Magma grill, but man I am really not trying to pay 70 for a bag. What is everyone else using to store their grills when not using them

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Magma grill bag. It is worth every penny to me to contain everything on the boat. Everyone that I know has the same bag.

You think that is bad.....try $110 factroy usb port for a seadoo.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t have a magma but we just put a liner down and put the grill under the seat behind captains chair. No bag or cover, just lock the lid & stow it. Fits perfectC93AC65A-3643-46BC-AFDB-7515DFB87E5D.jpegthe

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Dollar store welcome mat in storage under grill.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got the magma grill bag and accessories for my bday. Both are amazing. Love it all in one place.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A force flex hefty, cheap and you dont cry when you rip it. Just pull another one from the roll.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bought a Magma grill, but man I am really not trying to pay 70 for a bag. What is everyone else using to store their grills when not using them
No grill on my boat, don't care how it's contained, I'm sure I'd spill grease on the seadek or seats somehow.
:rolleyes:
We just make do with sandwiches, salads, wraps, fruit, chips, etc.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The magma grill bag is worth it. I have it for my rectangular grill and it holds everything and more. I keep 2 propane tanks, the regulator, grilling tools, ziploc bags, matches, aluminum foil, and the table leg there. Probably weighs 50lbs+ and is holding up great. Made in USA. Everything is organized so just grab the bag and go. Follow amazon and ebay sometimes you can find it discounted.

Diybrad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with everyone else. I thought it was a bit pricey but decided to go for it any way. The padding protects the boat and the grill.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Old thread but I just picked up this bag for $35 and it works well. I was having a hard time justifying an $80 magma bag for a $180 grill.
Fits my Magma Cabo perfectly either flat or on its back.
It is only padded on the bottom but all the other sides are at least two layers of nylon and the outter layer is very heavy so it seems like it should do fine for keeping the grill and boat from getting scratched.

54C39AFA-38ED-424C-878B-FE0B508DA066.jpeg19B85636-A21E-478C-B480-E7DB60CB7F37.jpeg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the BEST grill bag... It's an insulated canvass beach bag large enough to slip in the Magma Kettle plus accessories. Put a raggedy towel in the bottom, use a small bungee to keep the lid closed and drop it in. Cleans up with soap and water. 4 years and works like a charm. Can't go wrong @ $8.00 from Goodwill.

Magma Grill Bag.jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the BEST grill bag... It's an insulated canvass beach bag large enough to slip in the Magma Kettle plus accessories. Put a raggedy towel in the bottom, use a small bungee to keep the lid closed and drop it in. Cleans up with soap and water. 4 years and works like a charm. Can't go wrong @ $8.00 from Goodwill.

View attachment 177537
That’s the kind of thing I was trying to find but didn’t have much luck searching the web.
Awesome goodwill find!

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Don’t have a magma but we just put a liner down and put the grill under the seat behind captains chair. No bag or cover, just lock the lid & stow it. Fits perfectView attachment 124653the
I really like that idea ... got the table pole for my AR240 2010, but my 2022 252 SE is at the dealer almost ready to pick up and i don't want any grease on it.

Is it stable ?

anywone use the their piedestal on the water bench (252Se or SD) ?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like that idea ... got the table pole for my AR240 2010, but my 2022 252 SE is at the dealer almost ready to pick up and i don't want any grease on it.

Is it stable ?

anywone use the their piedestal on the water bench (252Se or SD) ?
My setup is very stable even if a wake comes through. I pound the base pole into the sand at least a foot or more depending where we are at and haven't had an issue yet in over 7 years. If we can't get to the beach and are in open water we will put a towel down on the swim deck and grill there.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My setup is very stable even if a wake comes through. I pound the base pole into the sand at least a foot or more depending where we are at and haven't had an issue yet in over 7 years. If we can't get to the beach and are in open water we will put a towel down on the swim deck and grill there.
It is a regular square pole?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a regular square pole?
Yep, made the base myself out of the same material that gets pounded into the sand, welded a flat plat & bolted it to the bottom of the grill.

If I remember, I’ll take some pictures tonight for ya

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, made the base myself out of the same material that gets pounded into the sand, welded a flat plat & bolted it to the bottom of the grill.

If I remember, I’ll take some pictures tonight for ya
See I would feel comfortable out of the boat like your set up, however I have kids and fear that anything on board would be hazardous, I like that set up!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See I would feel comfortable out of the boat like your set up, however I have kids and fear that anything on board would be hazardous, I like that set up!
I've got kids myself. If we're grilling on the boat I am the only one on the swim deck. Everyone else stays in the cockpit area. I'll hang my feet in the water, have a drink while grilling and the wife will hand me what I need. While we're eating, the grill cools down and we put it away as soon as possible. Works out well.