• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Grudge Match in Shelbyville Julian vs. OperationROL

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So..... @Julian 's '05 SX230HO has proven slightly faster than my '07. The last year that Julian attended the midwest gathering with his boat (Attended since without it), we raced from one end of the Lake to the next. Granted, it took almost the entire distance to pass me, but he did. I do believe that the pre 07 model is more aerodynamic than '07-09' and thus the reason. However, I would like a rematch. The crazy thing is I added so much weight since then, but the competitive nature still thinks I have a chance. I will strip everything out of the boat if I have to (including my wife - don't tell her). Perfect Heaven must win!!! ;)

I am willing to pace and confirm the winner!
Also @OperationROL I think you would need to take the tower off due to wind resistance.

I am willing to pace and confirm the winner!
You may have to collect all the items I will be throwing out of the boat if he starts to get the best of me. :)

Could always use a modified prop fouler but then after you win , you'll need to cut it out and replace his intake grate.

Heck....if he starts lobbing things out of his boat, I might have to turn around, pick them up and still whoop his butt! LOL

Let the trash talk begin!

(and time for me to clean out all the stuff that I've accumulated in the boat!.....who need's that 2nd battery!)

It will be "Whale Wars"
Heck....if he starts lobbing things out of his boat, I might have to turn around, pick them up and still whoop his butt! LOL

(and time for me to clean out all the stuff that I've accumulated in the boat!.....who need's that 2nd battery!)
Now that right there is funny!!!

LOL! Bring it!!

I really think for this to be a fair race, the boats should be in "run what you brung" configuration, so no unloading gear, towers up, bimini up, boards in racks, etc......which reminds me, doesn't Julian have a full cockpit enclosure for his boat and by August will have a nice thick layer of algae on the bottom.

I hope someone does a vid of this so we can all see who has the red face.

I will try to remember and put gopros on both of the boats.

I really think for this to be a fair race, the boats should be in "run what you brung" configuration, so no unloading gear, towers up, bimini up, boards in racks, etc......which reminds me, doesn't Julian have a full cockpit enclosure for his boat and by August will have a nice thick layer of algae on the bottom.

No more algae on Hydrotherapy.....she sits on an airdock now! But I will have to wax her and make sure I lube her exhaust bearings!

A couple of years ago, a few of my buddies were talking smack about which boat was faster. While all the jousting and beer drinking was taking place, owner of boat A did not notice friend of boat B swim around and tie a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket to boat A's swim platform.
The flag drops and they both take off, V8's rumbling - boat A doesn't have a clue that's there's a parachute tied to his stern. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. A video moment for sure.

I cannot wait to see this!!! At this rate we're going to have to have judges swim around the boats to make sure nothings tied to them anchored and everything is intact. I will see you all at the finish line because my boat won't be able to keep up

Yep just like drag racing all boats have to pass through tech first.

I just ordered a gallon of "Quick Grow Algae". Say it works overnight. The manufacturer specifies that it only be used on Black 2005 Yamaha SX230HO jetboats from North Carolina. I wonder where I could test something like this out.....

I just ordered a gallon of "Quick Grow Algae". Say it works overnight. The manufacturer specifies that it only be used on Black 2005 Yamaha SX230HO jetboats from North Carolina. I wonder where I could test something like this out.....
Haha.. I don't think any lake in this part of the country needs any help growing algae.. unreal the carpet that will grow in July and August. Lol

Back