• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Guess the audio system cost...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm having the local shop install (brand new boat so they can get around the Safe At Home requirements) a whole new JL system in my 2020 212S. I'm dropping it off Monday afternoon and will have the full estimate then. Here's what's going in:

6x JL M6 650X w/ LED
2x JL M6 880 tower speakers w/ LED
2x JL M6 10" in a customer marine grade box
Color Changing module
Marine amps to power all of them.
Installation

Care to guess on the OTD price? Oh, and the brand new, never used stock Polk's will be available for sale if anyone is interested.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
$5001

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Though I'm probably a bit light there. I'll change mine to $6000.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is a insane amount of money for a stereo. Just my opinion.
I agree - but it will help a bit with resale down the road and, honestly, this is my fifth boat, my first brand new boat - so I want to have it 100% complete when it hits the water this season.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yup, my wife and I discussed equipping over 2 years but in the end we got everything up front so that we get the most enjoyment out of it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the speakers, led controller and installation alone I’m thinking $3k. I suspect the amps will cost about $1k to $1.5k each depending on the number of channels. Add another $250 for misc. items like thicker power lines, speaker wire with integrated led. Leads as well as distribution blocks, fuses, etc.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got an estimate to do something similar to yours and they shot me a $ of 8200.00. Told them thanks and walked out.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I got an estimate to do something similar to yours and they shot me a $ of 8200.00. Told them thanks and walked out.
WOW, that’s insanity. I was told they were going to keep it under 5k. We’ll see.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hope they can, it appears to me you’ve got about $3000 in speakers, no amps, controllers, wiring, or labor. Those are Crutchfield prices though, don‘t know how they compare.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I hope they can, it appears to me you’ve got about $3000 in speakers, no amps, controllers, wiring, or labor. Those are Crutchfield prices though, don‘t know how they compare.
I’ll update tomorrow!

NickF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your gonna love the way it sounds, I have a JL set up with the M6's (4x7.7, 4x6.5, 2x10 subs, and 2x2"tweeters) on my boat and I LOVE IT! Now I just got to get my tower speakers......can't wait to see some pictures of your set up when its done.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's in the shop right now, I was told it'll be close to 5k. Pictures and video to come shortly. I was impressed that they got in contact with Yamaha to figure out how to wire into the Conext system before snipping wires. Hopefully that quality is shown in the entire install.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Your gonna love the way it sounds, I have a JL set up with the M6's (4x7.7, 4x6.5, 2x10 subs, and 2x2"tweeters) on my boat and I LOVE IT! Now I just got to get my tower speakers......can't wait to see some pictures of your set up when its done.
I'm damn excited to pick it up on Friday and hear it. I turned on the Polks right before drop off just to listen to what it was stock. Good sound, but not that loud. The in-store demo of the 8" on the tower plus the 6" and a sub sounded amazing - looking forward to hear it on the boat.

arodr72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow 1200 for one amp! That sounds a little much..... no!? Is it really that much better than the one for 165? I am starting to research a system myself. Would definitely like to keep it under 3k! I cant wait to see your system Anmut!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wow 1200 for one amp! That sounds a little much..... no!? Is it really that much better than the one for 165? I am starting to research a system myself. Would definitely like to keep it under 3k! I cant wait to see your system Anmut!
As of Monday when I dropped it off, they were putting in two different amps. I believe one will run the 6x cabin speakers + sub and the other will push the 8" tower speakers.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is this a case of "you get what you pay for" with the big discrepancy in cost between those ? Or is an Amp an Amp ?
Yes....you get what you pay for. A cheap amp will produce much more distortion and will cook speakers more quickly at higher outputs. It will also consume much more power and sound worse. I only put the MV800 in as an extreme example. The M800 is $800 and a fine amp. My only point was it's hard to guess at a price without full specs.