• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Guide poles - Shorelander trailer/2017 242X - looking for recommendations

Simon Curwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi All,
Hoping to get some guidance/feedback on preferred options for guide poles for my trailer - unfortunately it's time to pull her out for the winter and I want to make it as easy as myself as possible. As per the thread title I have a 2017 242X with the Shorlander painted trailer - I already have the Stolz Bow roller, looking for a solution to help me align the boat on approach.....Thanks in advance!

Simon.

Simon Curwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks - I like the welded in brace they have - seems to be a point of difference over others I have looked at. Appreciate it!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
i personally use the 48" i think the 60" and taller and too much imn my 07 i used the 36" tall from academy sports but the ubolts dont fit my 2019 so i had to order a longer ubolt kit

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 65” VeVe “rookie rods” for our SX190. One of best mods done yet. Love em ! Other people watch us load trailer and ask the brand and where we bought the poles.

Simon Curwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I went with the VEVE 65" poles. They are awesome. Just took the boat out of the water for winter today - first time I have ever put her on the trailer, and there was quite the cross - breeze. It was super easy. One thing I did find on installation was that the bolts were 1" too short for the Shorelander frame - just picked some up at Menards. Installation was very easy.

Thanks @tomeygun for the recommendation!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've owned both Vee Vee and CE Smith. The Vee Vee's are way stronger than any of the others. They can take a hit. And as far as length, the longer 65" are worth it when the landing happens to be a bit deeper than usual. It keeps the post above the rub rail where it should be.

Good luck!