• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gunwale Flush Rod Holders

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Anybody know where I can get the same built in flush rod holders that come stock on the FSH 210? Want to add 2 to 4 more for rods and various fishing/fun accessories. Also anybody mount a downrigger off one yet?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I posted something last year with pics. The tube for insertion of the rod/gimble is cheap plastic on the 190 FSH and both of mine broke off when I ran gimble mounted canon downriggers from them. I replaced both with metal tubed rod holders. I would do this first so you can match your additional two.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Attwoods are nice welded stainless steel. Get 4 and replace the OEMs. The insertion holes I found after removing the old holders looked like a drunk cut them out of the fiberglass so there wasnt much material to screw the new ones in ( the holes didnt line up). Hopefully yours are better.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Have not picked up the new 210 FSH from the dealer yet. Just working ahead of time getting rigging equipment bought before I get it. Any idea what angle the rod holders are? Those Attwood’s look nice. Good suggestion on replacing them all.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you want to go top-notch, Gemlux is the way to go for fishing equipment and boating trim...just FYI.

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/rod-holders

Attwood will get the job done just fine. However, the difference in quality is clear.... as they say, not all knives cut the same

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The Gems look pretty good. Think I might go that route.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 4 factory ones you can have if you pay the shipping.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the offer @kthrash, but plan to follow @Kahuna Khris suggestion and get a couple metal ones for the places I would use a downrigfer and move the replaced units to new locations that won’t see the higher loads. Really do appreciate the offer!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length