• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Half way!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are we there yet? 4 more months till boating season for me....maybe 3!

boat.png

It was 70 on Monday. Had that been Saturday or Sunday, It would have been boating season.

At this point I just want a few days of sunshine! This has been an unprecedented Winter for North TX. I have never seen so many overcast days in all my days living here. I think today is the first day of Sun for the last 3-4 weeks. Very unusual for us!!!! I really don't like it...........

Don't know how people in the Pacific NW handle it.

@BigN8 , the same weather is holding true for South Texas. Cold and grey. Beautiful sun today!

That shirt needs to say...
I Don't Need Therapy
I Just Need My
JETBOATERS.NET!

Agree about the sunshine in N. Tex, but it hasn't been noticed by me. It was a great week to be in the schoolhouse in recurrent training...it is always gloomy in there! Last day in the box, and I get to emerge into a nice weekend! Enjoy the weekend, supposed to be nice! In the 60's, lets go boating!

Yep. I'm planning on pulling the boat out of Marina and taking advantage of that $1.63/gal gas about 50x over

Yep. I'm planning on pulling the boat out of Marina and taking advantage of that $1.63/gal gas about 50x over
I'd still do the best I could to get Ethanol Free if I were you. For us it's available all over since we're right on the water. It's currently about .70 cents higher than regular at ~2.00. Still a bargain, last summer it was 4.00.

Regular by me is ~1.79 and the non ethanol is up to ~$2.99.

I didn't know this, but @waterboy was having a fuel sender issue. He discovered talking to the manufacturer of the unit that they are calibrated for ethanol fuel and that I'd you don't too off, it won't recalibrate. And that is only the newest senders that can do both. A possible downside to non ethanol fuel may be a useless fuel gauge.

I've never had problems with the cheap stuff

Just posted an update on my sender replacement. The old one works fine but is having calibration issues due to ethanol variances in the fuel.

Details in the referenced post below to document the problem. Good information for everyone to be aware of that has the older sender. Also good info for those with newer boats too so they understand how the "auto calibration" works during refill.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-o...d-news-replacing-fuel-sender.4320/#post-73073

Thanks for adding onto this thread @waterboy , it really explains a lot on the fuel gage accuracy issue.

Back