• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Halloween 2020

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not even one trick or treater, how surreal, except for the big bowl of candy by the door.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had about 100 kids which is light, we normally have 200-250. We set the bowl on a table at the end of the driveway and we sat about 15' away so we could check the kids out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Even on slow, bad weather, years we would have at least 50. This year no one was out Before or after sunset. and the weather was relatively good (clear skies, no wind and between 60 and 70 degrees). The news said costume sales were down 60% so I’m wondering where the 40% of kids who did buy costumes used them. There were a few pumpkin patches open but only one haunted house (it was a drive through at $100 per car, not my thing but apparently a good indicator of how Halloween would be this year). Oh well, I’m glad we didn’t decorate, I have a few neighbors that went all out as usual. I bet they have a ton of leftover candy and will be thinking about this a they put the decorations away today.

Looks like I should expect the same for Thanks Giving and Christmas.

One thing that seems to have gotten back to normal here in Nor Cal is commute traffic, great.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We took the boys out. We were on the fence about going at all. We kept our distance, had masks on, and then hosed down the candy with disenfectant before we let the boys open any. Was a really odd feeling all around to be honest. Super hard to find the right balance of being safe amidst a pandemic, and not giving up some semblance of normal life and holidays for the boys. It pretty much sucks no matter which way you cut it.

We usually hand out around 5-6 GIANT bags of candy each year. This year, even being super generous on the portions we only went through 2. Neighbors came over and stood around in the driveway with us. Had the patio heater out to keep us warm standing around, and I grilled burger and dogs. We didn't have any friends or family come in from other areas this year. Usually we have 25-30 adults and another 20 or so kids over. This year is was 6 adults and our 5 combined kids. Same people we've been around all summer. Good thing we like them.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Quiet here too...one girl dressed as a green witch (good makeup and costume too) was our only visitor. It's sad that people are terrified. My father won't leave his house due to the constant media bombardment. A friend is a virologist and can't believe the world is in a panic over a cold...he blames Bill Gates and thinks it's all about inflating profits by selling flu vaccines to the world...sounds strange but he's right the world is definitely driven by profit.

Here in Canada, our government is trying to pass a bill (law) that prohibits ANY kind of action (lawsuit) regarding the virus retroactive to the first day of the restrictions (Mar 17)...convenient that they want to cover their butts, and suspicious that they're doing it back to the first reactionary response. Maybe my paranoid friend isn't so paranoid...

Now they're talking about cancelling Christmas and New Years...yay...
:rolleyes:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Much, much less kids than usual, but it has been on the decline over the past few years. Noticeably absent houses not giving out candy that usually do. With it being a Saturday we were looking forward to a neighborhood block party, but that sure didn’t happen.
39B21330-3DB2-4694-86C6-8C049295B99E.jpeg
13D24BC1-C062-419C-B4C8-3F658DEA26E1.jpeg