• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hampton Roads Area of Virginia Newbie

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello to the forum. I'm a soon to be owner of a 2020 Yamaha 195S. Waiting on dealer delivery. This will be our first Jet Boat, and we are extremely excited. Our current boat is a 2005 Glastron 4.3. Here's some pics just because. We can't wait for the new boat 😍😍. If your in Hampton Roads drop a comment with your normal hang out spot. We usually visit the Chickohominy every weekend. 103848

View attachment 103849

Dealer stock image of our soon to be...

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I’m in the Hampton roads area in the Smithfield/Carrollton area. I’ve been bouncing all over this summer but often go to the beach on the James River on the Smithfield side just south of the ghost fleet. I went to (I think it’s called clay banks, just across the river from the bridge at the mouth of the Chickahominy ) a few weeks ago and liked it there too. The duck blind(Yorktown) is also a very popular spot. I’d like to come check out the Chickahominy sometime. I heard it’s nice. When do you take delivery?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m in the Hampton roads area in the Smithfield/Carrollton area. I’ve been bouncing all over this summer but often go to the beach on the James River on the Smithfield side just south of the ghost fleet. I went to (I think it’s called clay banks, just across the river from the bridge at the mouth of the Chickahominy ) a few weeks ago and liked it there too. The duck blind(Yorktown) is also a very popular spot. I’d like to come check out the Chickahominy sometime. I heard it’s nice. When do you take delivery?

That's awesome. We are in Northern Suffolk right off Shoulders Hill Road. Just south of the dead fleet is called Burwell Bay. That's probably where you were. Clay banks is nice as well. Both of those can be Shelly/rocks at times. Chickohominy is gorgeous sand at the cove. Go under the bridge and keep going. When you get to the green bouy turn left. That's where they all anchor. Duck Blind is on my list to go to. Haven't made it there this season though. Also the new sand bar off Craney Island Portsmouth is on the list.

We should hear something in September. Hopefully first of second week. Deposit is already paid, and we'll be the first to get the 195S in our area. What boat is yours?

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Welcome!
Also from the Smithfield area and frequent Burwell Bay and Kingsmill beaches.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome!
Also from the Smithfield area and frequent Burwell Bay and Kingsmill beaches.
Awesome. Maybe we'll run into each other. What kinda boat are you in?

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I’m in a blue and black Scarab 255 ID that is in the shop currently! We hope to have it back next week or two.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m in a blue and black Scarab 255 ID that is in the shop currently! We hope to have it back next week or two.
I'll keep an eye out for ya

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length