• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Happens Again.....

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
While cruising thru the intercoastal waterways for a few hours yesterday. The engine starting acting funny (Revving up and vibrating)on the way back in. The check engine light started flashing. I get code P0300 and po301. Checked the spark plugs, they look fine. I need to dig deeper later this week.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you have or had something stuck in the intake grate like @bronze_10 said. Check it, and make sure you flush the engine good.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would something caught in th in stake grate cause the engine to throw a code? What error is that code for?

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
There was seaweed which I did jump in and remove. Didn't know that would cause an engine misfire code....

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My guess is that you accumulated a small amount of water (condensation) in the intake plenum while cruising & upon acceleration it created misfire on Cyl#1 P0301.
It normally last about 20 seconds & clear out, you should be good to go.
That's not an uncommon behavior for a charged/intercooled powerpack, just research Ford EcoBoost acceleration misfire issue.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Good Advice, Thanks for all the Help. I've yet to take the boat out. I check it out this weekend.