• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hard to reseat clean out plugs.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
15 242ls. They look good but one if very hard to get all the way. If I had a real weed issue I would be stressed having to remove them and reinstall in a hurry. I used to leave them out while on trailer but now it's kept in the water often so I leave them in.

Should i rebuild them? Only 80'hours on a 2915

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
First clean under the rubber baskets real good on both plugs and clean the ring in the tubes where the plugs seats, then swap plugs from one side to the other and see if the plugs seat easier in the other tube etc. The lanyards slide open at the ends so you can swap them out pretty easily.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rebuild them. You will spend $80 and 30 minutes for ease of use and peace of mind.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would leave them out between uses, even in the water.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rebuild! Makes them like new. If I'm up for the weekend I will leave them in overnight (or 2). Otherwise they are out.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree on the rebuild, per the FAQ section of the forum. Money well spent in frustration reduction.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rebuild them. Rebuilding my plugs was the best mod I did to my boat the difference was night and day literally a 5 year old could now reseat and remove my plugs.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First clean under the rubber baskets real good on both plugs and clean the ring in the tubes where the plugs seats, then swap plugs from one side to the other and see if the plugs seat easier in the other tube etc. The lanyards slide open at the ends so you can swap them out pretty easily.
What do you recommend cleaning it with? I've been using soapy water then spraying the moving parts (handle and dog ears) with white lithium.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Use a nylon type pot scrubbing pad on the ring in the tube and use soap and water under the gasket with a flat object like a popsicle stick to get the dirt out plus rinse it really good. Avoid spraying things inside the plug since water sand etc gets in the plug during use, those things will stick to grease and accumulate I have a video that shows how the inside of the plug works.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bennie