• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hardtop 210

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anybody seen the new video of the 210 hardtop from jet boat pilot? I wonder how much that thing going to cost and I wonder if they're going to make one for the 190

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They commented on fb that is was going to be$3600. IMO it misses the mark. If im going to pay for a hard top, it needs integrated mounts for outriggers, radar, antenna. Also, 5 launchers vice only 3. Should have courtesy/map lights. Most of that would have only required more forethought when they built the plug and mold. Now, if it will require another plug and mold which cost money and they will mark price higher and market it as "premium" model

Attachments

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is quite steep for that hard top. $1500 tops. We'll see what the final cost is but just cant justify $3600 for that product.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That is quite steep for that hard top. $1500 tops. We'll see what the final cost is but just cant justify $3600 for that product.
I can understand a bit heavier cost than something universal because it is not only brand specific but model specific as well. The more times you use a mold the cheaper the product can become. This is why group buys can work.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Eh, as much as I was excited watching the video that price would make it an absolute no for me. I’m sure it’s a fabulous product, Will does great things for our boats, but that’s very nearly 10% of the cost of the entire boat.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm still waiting for the rooster tail from the winter. $1,500 would be it for a hard top. What is it from Cycle Springs?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Looks to be the same top, maybe it was a collaboration?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok so it is a complete top not just one that goes over the existing frame. I see more of the cost there. Has lights and storage box also.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I thought of something and watched the video again. So, you loose 2 rocket launchers as a trade off for the rear spreader light. I could live with that. (Even though I have really nice spreaders now and 5 rocket launchers.) However, the top does not have any holes for the rod holders on the side of the helm. Uh, that's 6 rods. Now you've lost 8 rod holders. Eight!

With shipping this thing is going to be 8% of the value of the whole boat if I install it myself. It is nice, but damn. I am thinking something more along the lines of adding the holes for the rod holders and $2k delivered. I'd buy it for that.

FWIW - You could build one of these in your garage using structural PVC foam and fiberglass for under $500 in materials. It might not be as nice (depending on your skill level) or it could be even nicer if you are a fiberglass and gelcoat jedi.

@JetBoatPilot I definitely want to buy one, but $3600 is steep.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's actually $3400 shipped...just confirmed. Also you have 4 on the tower now plus the 6 through the canvas.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it tall enough to fit 7' rods in the 6 rod holders on the console?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure, have not tried that yet. It is tsll enough for a 6 foot tall guy to walk underneath without smacking his head while standing on the upper deck.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's actually $3400 shipped...just confirmed. Also you have 4 on the tower now plus the 6 through the canvas.
You're right. There are 4 on the stock tower. Losing 7 isn't great either. Is there an option to have the holes cut?

I want one, but $3400 is still too steep.

Edit: I looked at market rates. They are inline with this price (includes whole tower), but still. Damn.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
To top it off, Will said in video it's ABS not fiberglass. ABS is usually cheaper and less durable

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
To top it off, Will said in video it's ABS not fiberglass. ABS is usually cheaper and less durable
I missed that. That does make a difference.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You guys that are halfway close to NC may want to check out Modlin's Welding in Farmville NC. I have not used them personally and I have no affiliation with them, but I have heard nothing but good things by local folks and see nothing but high praise on other boat forums. A shop like this that has done nothing but boat T-tops for years may be another option and you don't have to compromise as it's all custom.
Home - Modlin’s Welding