• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hashtagging

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can include #hashtags in your prefix. These are clickable keywords. To include a #hashtag simply type a # before the word without a space.

#features

Last edited by a moderator:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm old...what does this hashtag thing do for you...#huh?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has to be more than three characters to work. Try clicking on #SX230 . It will lead you to more posts about SX230s.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
See how Bruce put a tag on the word Newfeature (you can't see the # mark). Click on that and it will pop open a window with all threads with that hashtag in it. So for his example, it shows all new feature threads that are tagged.

So if users (and moderators) start tagging threads, then finding stuff becomes a breeze!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am way behind. All of the new fangled tech is a tad beyond my ability at this point. I can see how this helps to navigate and manage...I just don't know how to best apply it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just want to know why they don't call it the pound symbol anymore. I guess we're just getting too old Mel. :) @txav8r

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Isn't that the truth Dennis! I thought I was organized...until it started moving so fast I couldn't keep up. If you don't pick up the electronic media in every device you own...your lost!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hashtagging is a feature many haven't taken much advantage of on the forum, but it can be a powerful and fun tool if used properly. For example, some of the members who've posted GoPro videos have added a hashtag to their posts (I added a hashtag to the GoPro thread). So what does this do for you? A few things:

1. You can go to the hashtag tab and see the currently popular hashtagged items
  2. You can follow a hashtag...so lets say you love GoPro videos....click on the gopro hashtag and click "Watch Tag" in the upper right (then you'll get an alert if someone posts something with that hashtag):image.jpg
  3. You can filter for posts with that hashtag

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I fixed a few hashtags today where people used a # instead of an @, so some of you might get an old notice from an old post where you are @'ed...I put a note in the post "<edited by admin to fix tag from # to @>" so you'd know.

For those not familiar with this feature, we haven't touted it much, but it is pretty cool. See the gropro example about...just click on the hashtagged word and it will show you EVERY post where that hashtag was used. I use it for YDS posts as they are always hard to find. Probably would be a good idea to set some base words up....like:

#Coolmod - for cool modifications
#Cleaning - for...good cleaning tips! LOL
#gopro - for great videos
#YDS - for anything to do with YDS (Yamaha diagnostic System)
#HOT - use your imagination! (although this might get swamped with @Geoff Cooper threads! LOL....there are other hotties out there!)
#Bimini2016 - Posts about that trip
#Shelbyville2016 - Posts about that gathering

You get the idea!

Last edited:

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am really glad I am not alone in my lack of understanding about hashtags! Now I know!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length