• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have you lost yours yet? Swim platform stereo remote cover.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm amazed that I haven't lost the remote stereo cover on the swim deck of my 2015 AR240 yet. Have you lost yours? Have you done anything to minimize the risk of losing it?
It doesn't seem to be held on very tightly.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have worried about losing mine also. I usually leave it off when I'm trailer ing the boat. I checked for replacements just in case but haven't found one.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Haven't lost the cover, hello that would be too simple. I somehow lost the only knob on the control. No one had a clue what happen. Call up Polk they replaced it at no cost . Would still love to know what happen

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Fusion Headunit and remote...and yes I lost the cover.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@scokill you win !

Oh maybe not. Reading your post the first time I thought you lost
The head unit
Remote and
Cover

MIKEP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just lost my cover. 2015 AR240. Has anyone found a replacement? The link above in this thread doesn't work. Thanks!

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had the same problem, a few months back, called Polk and they pointed us to ASA electronics (Which is now Polk Marine, weird). The link for the accessories is below, and the cover is on the list.

It will run you $14.99.

https://www.polkmarine.com/accessories.html

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you lost yours? Have you done anything to minimize the risk of losing it?
It doesn't seem to be held on very tightly.
Nope. And I don't think I will loose it.
It lives in the glove compartment.

--

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine generally stays off and stored in the clean out access hatch although I have trailered with it quite a bit and never lost it. I had it on in the sun all day one time and when I took the cover off there was condensation behind the screen. Condensation has since cleared up and it hasn't happened since but I now just leave it off. My boat lives in a garage when it's not on the water so I'm not as concerned about long term sun protection.

I do like to have it on when boating at night though. That little screen is bright!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought my boat in Feb of 2015 and still haven't lost mine. I am surprised by that, I figured I would lose it pretty quickly. Locally I trailer my boat without a cover. Long trips get a cover.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Haven't lost the cover, hello that would be too simple. I somehow lost the only knob on the control. No one had a clue what happen. Call up Polk they replaced it at no cost . Would still love to know what happen
I called Polk and they told me they don't make the stereo, they gave me another number. I called them and they said they were going to look around and see if they have an extra? Almost like some guy in his garage, very amateurish. Now I have to call back because obviously they forgot about me.

Time to lean into them a little harder.

SkiffinBass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lost my knob and rubber cover. Im sure its because my tube rides on the swim deck when in motion. I found them online @ http://www.asaelectronics.com/ Just email support and they will direct you to the right part. $14 for the rubber cover.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The cover seems silly unless the boat is sitting still. Just seems like a pain to have to manage the cover. Either have a cover that people don't easily lose or just skip it.

I'm going to try and email support over my missing knob as well. Calling them was a bit of a pain.... Thanks @SkiffinBass

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lost mine on my 2016 AR240 last season. Didn't see it happen, but I'm I'm certain it happened durring a wakesurfing session. It's conveniently located right in the back corner most people cause the boat to list at for surfing. If I had any spark of intelligence I probably could have anticipated it... Thanks for the replacement link. We'll see how long the next one lasts...

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Has anyone that primarily leaves this cover on had any issues with corrosion happening on the face of the radio. I left my cover on for a few weeks and when I took it off the chrome around the radio started to peel off. I boat in salt water/ brackish so I'm pretty sure water that got in there evaporated and the salt just ate away at the radio. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else and also a heads up to take the cover off and rinse it with fresh water if you plan on boating with the cover on.
I can post pictures of this when I get home from work later if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lost mine once, replaced it. Lost it again, will not replace it. Stupid design, should flip down or something, not be loosely attached without a tether in such a location. Fail.