• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have you seem this glitch on the forum? <Image swapping problem>

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It sounds as if something is hanging on your (tablet, laptop, phone?), just kinda-sorta getting stuck. First thing I always try is clearing my cache. That should start you all afresh. Not sure what you're finding this issue on, but a simple google search for whatever you're using "clear cache android phone" or "clear cache firefox", for example, should get you to somewhere that can show you that simple process. I know that it can't hurt, so there's that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It sounds as if something is hanging on your (tablet, laptop, phone?), just kinda-sorta getting stuck. First thing I always try is clearing my cache. That should start you all afresh. Not sure what you're finding this issue on, but a simple google search for whatever you're using "clear cache android phone" or "clear cache firefox", for example, should get you to somewhere that can show you that simple process. I know that it can't hurt, so there's that.
I did that on Monday, I have been communicating with Admin since Sunday. All my McAfee Security and other security controls are clean. Refreshing pages on picture heavy threads ie. "show us what you see" and "funny memes" will give me different results most every time.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have come up with a theory that the 20 messages displayed per page combined with large images may be overloading the browser on some machines.

@Julian, am I remembering correctly that you increased the number of posts per page from 10 to 20?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know... This page has a lot of images and they load right every time I suspect. (A Search for Jetboat images in google)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have come up with a theory that the 20 messages displayed per page combined with large images may be overloading the browser on some machines.

@Julian, am I remembering correctly that you increased the number of posts per page from 10 to 20?
I increased it either from 15 to 20 ro 2o to 25 (can't recall for sure)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since it coincides with the version update, perhaps there is a problem that was introduced with the latest build? maybe something on whatever loads the images...sometimes caching code can be tricky if not done perfectly right things can appear only when there is a high load..there are some variable types that can be shared across sessions that may result in weird/non-repeatable results when memory is "shared" more than its supposed to be.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If anything on the forum is causing @zipper’s issue I believe that pages becoming too large for the devices memory due to the number of images is the most likely.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian, @zipper I reverted the "discussions per page" back to the default of 20 as a test.

Zipper please let me know if this resolves your issue.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry @Bruce I know you asked for no more screen shots but, I just quoted @Beachbummer 's post and then I refreshed the page and I see this on all his posts on the page...avatar.

Screenshot_20191212-221022_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191212-220944_Chrome.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian, @zipper I reverted the "discussions per page" back to the default of 20 as a test.

Zipper please let me know if this resolves your issue.
I don't know if that will fix past issues or provide a fix for going forward...will see. I Know i just took a screen shot of this, after your post. Both pictures wrong.

Screenshot_20191212-221942_Chrome.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know if that will fix past issues or provide a fix for going forward...will see. I Know i just took a screen shot of this, after your post. Both pictures wrong.

I agree the images are wrong but I believe the time of the screen capture is before I made the change.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree the images are wrong but I believe the time of the screen capture is before I made the change.
I don't know if there is a delay but...

This one seems to be consistant thru many refreshes

Screenshot_20191212-223118_Chrome.jpg

I also just took these, done for the night.

Screenshot_20191212-223215_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191212-223306_Chrome.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For me, it is not limited to the meme or show us what you see. It is happening where pictures are. @Ronnie 's stereo thread. My initial visit this am was ok, i believe.

Screenshot_20191213-064126_Chrome.jpg

one refresh of the page changes the picture.

Screenshot_20191213-064047_Chrome.jpg

Happens where there are pictures. "What did you do to your boat today"

This one is ok, for reference a post from liveto99

Screenshot_20191213-064455_Chrome.jpg But when I go to @rkim808 's post I see @Liveto99 's boat is in Ruebens post.

Screenshot_20191213-064636_Chrome.jpg

Appologies @Bruce, I am trying to provide information on what/when/where it happens so someone with a higher paygrade than me can find out why it happens to only some of us when a page with pictures/avatar/signature gets refreshed/revisited while logged in.

Edit: I just posted on/visited the Meme thread and all seemed in order. I did not try to refresh or revisit yet.

Edit2: Revisiting was not good. I didnot manually refresh, I just went back in and it was all messed up.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper next time you see the wrong image, can you click the image and then select the square with the arrow on it to open in a new window and note the URL and see if the image changed at all? I use the forum a bit (understatement) and I have not noticed it yet, so I can't help much with reproducing the problem.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper next time you see the wrong image, can you click the image and then select the square with the arrow on it to open in a new window and note the URL and see if the image changed at all? I use the forum a bit (understatement) and I have not noticed it yet, so I can't help much with reproducing the problem.
You just called that one. I went to @Ronnie 's post that always shows @PEARCE 's boat.

Screenshot_20191213-083607_Chrome.jpg

Tapped/selected the picture to get this,

Screenshot_20191213-083546_Chrome.jpg

Selected the box/arrow and this appeared, the correct picture.

Screenshot_20191213-083529_Chrome.jpg