• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Having trouble figuring out how to retrieve fault codes on my scarab

Boats N hoes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
the check engine light is on for my 2015 scarab 165 I’m trying to pull the codes can anyone help me?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Also, are you sure there's a problem and it's not just a maintenance reminder?

Boats N hoes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
It says check engine and the light is on Thanks for the info I’m guessing it’s not an active fault that would mean only the dealer can read it correct ?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the general "check engine" light for maintenance throws a code or not. I don't think it does since there's nothing wrong. But don't quote me on that. But that light can turn on simply because you're due for maintenance like an oil change. How many hours on the boat?

Boats N hoes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm not sure if the general "check engine" light for maintenance throws a code or not. I don't think it does since there's nothing wrong. But don't quote me on that. But that light can turn on simply because you're due for maintenance like an oil change. How many hours on the boat?
29 hours my dash is acting up too the previous owner let it fry in the sun I might try to reset it just in case tho

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Oh, there's a general maintenance at 10 and 25h marks. After that, it increases to 50h and stays there. So I can pretty much guarantee that's what you're getting. Essentially you need an oil change and general check on everything. The problem is you need the software to reset the light or bring it into a dealer. The software can be bought but I think it's around $500 USD. CanDoo is the name of it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh, there's a general maintenance at 10 and 25h marks. After that, it increases to 50h and stays there. So I can pretty much guarantee that's what you're getting. Essentially you need an oil change and general check on everything. The problem is you need the software to reset the light or bring it into a dealer. The software can be bought but I think it's around $500 USD. CanDoo is the name of it.
I purchased the CanDoo Pro for $400. Still the same price today. You can also purchase the BUDS software which is what BRP uses also for $400.

Boats N hoes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Does any one have a link for the filter and oil?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I'm in Canada so can't point you to a specific store. But this is the kit you want.

Comes with filter, replacement o ring and oil. You of course need a vacuum pump along with an E10 socket (to remove the filter).