• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head Storage Mod

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spend so much time on this forum that I wonder how I get anything else done.

Yesterday I was browsing and saw a pic where someone put up shower caddie's in their head compartment and I really liked it. For the life I cannot find that post again after searching for 2 1/2 hours tonight. Does anyone recall who did that mod and can you link me to it please.

I almost bought one tonight at Walmart but I want to see how they did it first. Thanking ya'll in advance.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mattschepker That was the first thread I looked at but what I had seen wasn't there. I really wish I had marked or noted it. It was a nice look the way the guy did it with the shower caddies. I might have to just figure it out on my own and start a new thread on the install.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, it's actual Pictures, been a long winter.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, it's actual Pictures, been a long winter.
Sorry. Typo. I was asking if you had more pics of the process. Or more info on how you made it. Looks really nice

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It was a slow process as I was trying to hide all fasteners and make it look factory installed. I used 4" square pvc with large cup holders and clear double layer plexiglass for the top shelf and stainless cleats on the bottom to connect to square tube. I also cut the ledge down for the bottom shelf because I thought it was too high and not feasible to sit on if operating the pump and flush of the toilet. I also put a fullsize elongated toilet seat on the porta pottie. I could go on and on, but as far as the process, it was trial and error until I got where I wanted it.

Attachments

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Pro Build That head mod looks amazing! What material did you put on the wall?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was a slow process as I was trying to hide all fasteners and make it look factory installed. I used 4" square pvc with large cup holders and clear double layer plexiglass for the top shelf and stainless cleats on the bottom to connect to square tube. I also cut the ledge down for the bottom shelf because I thought it was too high and not feasible to sit on if operating the pump and flush of the toilet. I also put a fullsize elongated toilet seat on the porta pottie. I could go on and on, but as far as the process, it was trial and error until I got where I wanted it.
That looks like a guest bathroom in your house... wow..

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Really? I like that way better than the grey carpet like stuff on my 09

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First off how do you turn on the light in that compartment and is that additional light a battery operated light?

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
First off how do you turn on the light in that compartment and is that additional light a battery operated light?
That is a motion detector led light ( a lot brighter than the fixed factory and I don't have to worry about someone forgetting to turn off) Also I install one of these in all compartments and two in the engine bay. They work great and being "LED", the batteries will last a long time since they shut off when seats and doors are closed.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is a motion detector led light ( a lot brighter than the fixed factory and I don't have to worry about someone forgetting to turn off) Also I install one of these in all compartments and two in the engine bay. They work great and being "LED", the batteries will last a long time since they shut off when seats and doors are closed.
That's brilliant

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, you did a really, really nice job on that. Do you have a link to those lights?

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you, and they are from Home Depot. Should be available at any location and maybe online.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length