• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Heading to Lake Conroe

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all, we're heading to Lake Conroe next week and staying in an RV park there. Any pointers about this lake? Good restaurants on the water we can boat to? Areas to avoid? Things to go see? How warm is the water this time of year? Thanks in advance for your input!

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi. I was there yesterday. Water was 82. Avoid everything north of the bridge. You’ll find plenty of ramps but only a few free. I personally used fm830 ramp. A nice place with restaurants is on the south side, west of the damn. Google waterpoint shopping center. Next week end we are supposed to have a cold front. It may be colder by then. Nice lake but can be choppy. If you want sand beaches you’ll have to go east of the damn or slightly north of the damn there is a small island.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stay in the large coves that off shoot the main lake. Much calmer water because wind isn’t running the length of them.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If I'd known yall were heading out I'd met you somewhere. I was at party cove all weekend. But Sunday was rough. Ran the lake a little then put the boat back up my 34ft baja spent more time in the air than in the water.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I'd known yall were heading out I'd met you somewhere. I was at party cove all weekend. But Sunday was rough. Ran the lake a little then put the boat back up my 34ft baja spent more time in the air than in the water.
We were there 10/14-10/18. It was gorgeous except a bit windy Friday evening and Saturday. Beautiful lake though! Fajita Jacks is a pretty good restaurant, though their margaritas are week. The island is a fun hang. I was surprised to see how many Yamahas are on that lake.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah there's quite a bit of Yamaha jet boats. I generally don't go to the island it stays pretty rough over there. I normally go to party cove on the north end by scotts ridge. It's smoother there. Fajita Jack's ain't bad. The pizza at Pappas on the lake is awesome. The service kinda sucks though.