• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Height of 242 limited s E series on trailer with tower folded.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just as title says. Anybody know the height on trailer with tower folded? I'm going to pull the trigger if I'm sure it will fit into my garage. It's about 9' 8" tall at garage door. I think it should be fine but need to know for sure. Thanks.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This got me curious.

I have a little bit of a disagreement with what's posted here. Not from the members but what Yamaha is stating. If you click the link that @captras provided and look at both the e-series and non e-series 242's they are both 8'6" collapsed on the trailer. As some know I have an e-series boat with a non-series tower. I changed for ease of collapsing and do know that the e-series tower sits higher due to the bimini structure. It sits about 8" higher when folded. I also, don't believe the boat sits lower on the trailer or trailer sits lower but I could be mistaken.

I am also sorry as I do not have a measurement of either in the collapsed position.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
good point, and I never actually measured mine!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Yamaha Boats App lists the height on trailer as:

242X = 8' 6"
242 Limited S E-Series = 8' 6" (102")
AR 240 = 8' 6" (102")
242 Limited = 7' 10" (94")
242 Limited E-Series = 7' 10" (94")

I think someone made an ASSumption that the E-Series tower was the same as the standard tower so the height would be the same, forgetting that the bimini structure is above the tower.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
That's the info I needed. Thanks. Going to put the money down to hold a maple red 2016 Yamaha 242 limited s E series.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's the info I needed. Thanks. Going to put the money down to hold a maple red 2016 Yamaha 242 limited s E series.
Congrats . Great boat. Love the color :D

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have secured definitive answers for everyone on this question! (height of E-Series boats with towers). @Pinhacker71

Height on Trailer 131" (change from 127”)
Height on Trailer with Tower Folded 120" (change from 102”)

Hope this is helpful and expect to see it update in Yamaha's literature in the future thanks to our amazing forum members!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I can barely fit in my garage. I have to tip the Bimini back, then back it half in and tip it forward. It's a pain. Certainly way off their stated height.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No way.. see a pic of my 242 in front of the garage..
2015-05-15 10.47.07.jpg

t.gordon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a ten foot tall door with a garage opener. I bought a 2016 Limited S E -Series boat on March 30, 2016.

When we back the boat in, my son stands on the back to pivot the Bimini to get the boat in the garage.

Scared the hell out of me the first time I put the boat up. I dropped the tower but did not realize I had to unscrew the Bimini in order to get it on down so it would go in the garage.

We have to do this every time but we developed a system and we love our boat.

TG

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the height of the boat from bottom to the top with the tower folded for an E-series? Trying to see if I can rack store for a week next week but they need to know that measurement.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Oh, I see. Bet that's on here somewhere....

Pinkish_panther

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For anyone else hitting this post I have additional information.
I just purchased a leftover 2018 242X, and was hoping the easy folding tower would allow me to day sail and store in my garage when not on the water - I had a 2014 212X previously but the tower was a pain to fold.

Unfortunately, my door is 8'9" high...

So day sailing is out, but winter storage is still possible. No one mentions this anywhere I could find but the bimini frame is not difficult to remove. Make sure you identify and loosen the set screws first! Removing the bimini and rotating the wake board racks allowed it to just fit in an 8' 9" high door for those looking to purchase but concerned about their 9' doors - it is possible!