1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Gantlin Products, the creator of the WAKE WEDGE is currently running a Group Buy for those of you that want a better, cleaner wake to surf behind your Jetboat! This Group Buy expires on Tax Day- April 15th, so get your order in ASAP to jump on this once a year discount on the Wake Wedge. The discount could go as high as $120 off!

(You can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Height on Trailer Hitch

Discussion in 'Yamaha Center Console 190 FSH' started by Atlas135, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Can anyone give me a rough height on their trailer hitch (ball) to pull the boat level? I want to make sure I have the right drop on my hitch before I pick the boat up...and from what ive seen the hitch ball is a 2"? Thanks

2. bronze_10

bronze_10 Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,223 / 16
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Depends on your tow vehicle... the actual ball size is two inches but the drop depends on how high your vehicle sits.

3. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    How high is yours off the ground. Just looking for a rough height. Ive towed with everything from a Honda Civic to a 10" lifted dodge. I have all the hitches...just need to know which one to bring. I remember from the showroom the trailer tounge seemed a bit higher than on some of my past boats. I didn't grab a measurement when I was there.

4. bronze_10

Ratings:
    +1,223 / 16
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    An inch and a half if what I use on my durango..... I will need to see what it's gonna be on my f250

5. bronze_10

Ratings:
    +1,223 / 16
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    But I also have air bags on my durango so I set the hight the way I want it.. lol

6. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    I was looking at that air height adjustable option for my next ram 2500...kinda cool, but afraid its just something else to go wrong??

7. Just1more

Just1more Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I had to put a 3" drop on my Tahoe. Could use another 1" in some situations.

8. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Its about 30 miles back from the dealer so i should be ok with my straight hitch.. its a stock f150. Not like my outboard will be dragging...

9. highanddryinco

highanddryinco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Deluxe
    Boat Length:
    It would appear that the answer to your original question is "no." ;)
    I'll give it a crack. 20 1/2" from the ground to the top of the ball keeps mine pretty close to level.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Murf'n'surf

Murf'n'surf Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,496 / 27
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I am assuming that you are picking up a single axle trailer for a FSH. In that case, towing level will not matter and you can figure out the best height later on, But if you are towing a dual axle trailer, then you need to get the correct hitch height so that you do not wear out the tires on one axle and cause braking issues with the non braking axle too high. Measuring. From the ground up to the permenant scar on my shin.........the bottom of ball will likely be around 14-15" off of the ground :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Sounds good guys. Should be able to ball park it. Yes. Single axle trailer so it won't be a huge issue if it's up or down a bit for the ride home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Grover70

Grover70 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Deluxe
    Boat Length:
    Like Just1more, I too had to drop mine 3" with a Reese adjustable hitch. Seemed the easiest way since my AR210 sat much higher. With the adjustable hitch you can swap out heights and tow just about anything.

13. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    What do you drive?

14. Grover70

Grover70 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Deluxe
    Boat Length:
    It's an '07 Tahoe LT that comes with 20" rims. It's lower than my '05 Tahoe Z71 was.

15. Atlas135

Atlas135 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH Sport
    Boat Length:
    Ok. I have a 15 f150. My standard drop is 3" for most trailers. I'll go with that on pick up day and adjust if I need too.