• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello... again...

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I made a post previously but I felt like my new boat deserves a new post.

I just picked up a 2016 AR240 - 50hrs, galvanized trailer, tinted windshield, Garmin echoMap dv, JL speakers upgraded throughout plus the previous owner added a JL sub and Yamaha cover for $42,500. I think I got a great deal and I'm officially ready for Bimini 2019!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! that is a step up

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I just picked up a 2016 AR240 - 50hrs, galvanized trailer, tinted windshield, Garmin echoMap dv, JL speakers upgraded throughout plus the previous owner added a JL sub and Yamaha cover for $42,500. I think I got a great deal and I'm officially ready for Bimini 2019!!

Beautiful boat! Out of curiosity which Grand Cherokee are you using to pull it and you happy with it for that size boat? I'm looking at new tow vehicles and while I don't have a 24' boat today that could change someday like it did for you.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree what's the ride. I am thinking I'm seeing some red calipers. I can't zoom in close enough to see if it's a srt.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome. Congrats on the new boat.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

No. .. Lol.... No you r not ready for bimini! You may think you are but you are not... Once you start reading these bimini threads you will see just how much stuff you will need to buy.. Lol

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lake_Spray @djetok that's my wife's Overland 4x4 - it pulls the AR just fine but I'm in the process of picking up a Nissan Armada right now for towing duties.

She previously had an Explorer 2WD that was fine for the SX190. We towed it 6hrs to Key Largo with 6 people but she wanted something smaller. I really like the Jeep, inside and out. No issues with it so far.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lake_Spray @djetok that's my wife's Overland 4x4 - it pulls the AR just fine but I'm in the process of picking up a Nissan Armada right now for towing duties.

She previously had an Explorer 2WD that was fine for the SX190. We towed it 6hrs to Key Largo with 6 people but she wanted something smaller. I really like the Jeep, inside and out. No issues with it so far.
Oh the Armada is definitely a heavy duty hauler, and good looking too. I’m pulling my AR190 right now with a Chevy Traverse and it’s like it barely notices it. Pulled it with a Honda Odyssey minivan for my first season as a new owner and it worked ok but I was really pushing the limits.

It’s too bad though about the Jeep. I really wanted it to be a Grand Cherokee SRT so I had more ammo to convince my wife to let me buy that sports car masquerading as an SUV.