• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello all new owner

Dan Berwtz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello all, new owner here, well actually picking up the AR240 on Tuesday, could not turn down the really good promo Yamaha had this month, it was a tough choice i was going back and forth between the 21 and 24 footer.....I am based out of the Sarasota area, so any locals in my area please say hello....any advice or suggestions?

Cheers

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. Add your location to your profile and people in your area will find you and you can find them on the location map.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
any advice or suggestions?
Congrats, and please post pics!

Those are great boats on so many levels!

And since you asked for suggestions - the AR tower lock bolts need to be checked and tightened up real hard, all the time! as those can loosen up and cause problems.

I really struggled trying to decide between various E- and the AR models, the E-series fly-by-wire throttles are pretty awesome! However there is something to be said about comfort and safety of the AR old fashioned mechanical linkages - the AR engines will run with no electronics as long as the ECUs are working. And if you decide to get RideSteady cruise control - it will get you pretty close to a fly-by-wire system.

--

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
... it was a tough choice i was going back and forth between the 21 and 24 footer.....
From one newbie to another, welcome. Good decision by you on the 24'. My wife and I went through the same debate. In the end I think the number of boat owners who think "Wow, I wish I would have gotten a smaller boat..." are fairly few!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, congratulations on the new boat, be sure to check out the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great tips,

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and you will love the site, tons of info although get your wallet out for all the mods you end up finding. :jimlad::jimlad:[flag][flag]