• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Central Florida

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well I have been perusing this site for a year and decide to finally chime in. We bought our first bought back in March 2018 and have been loving every minute of it. Even with the shortcomings of the FSH 190, which I will not list out here as they have been discussed in depth, my wife and I still feel like we made the perfect choice for us.
We have 2 daughters, ages 13 and 10, that would give there left leg to be out on the boat. My youngest i a fish-o-holic, so much so that we are going to have to plan an intervention soon. My oldest is more into cruising out to the islands and anchoring up for the day, which is fine by me also. Needless to say the FSH allows us to do both of these things well and have room enough for friends come.
We named her "Weekly Therapy" as our last name is Weekly and it is truly our therapy. Hope to see you out on the water.
IMG_1518.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for saying Hi! Tons of great info here to keep you enjoying the water. This is just the beginning...

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hello central Florida, welcome aboard.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I just left Central Florida for a move up to Charleston. Would have loved to hook up with another fellow Yamaha owner.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome! My sister in law and family live in Central Florida (Winter Garden) and my brother is in Tampa. Add your location to your profile and it will make connecting with local jetboaters easier.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome! My sister in law and family live in Central Florida (Winter Garden) and my brother is in Tampa. Add your location to your profile and it will make connecting with local jetboaters easier.
Does your brother boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
He currently has a 21' center console parked at his house that isn't his but can use whenever he wants. There is also a 30' cruiser on his lift. He used to own a 31-33' Grady White. He and I go to bimini on my boat every year now for the last 2 years. July 1-8 planned this year.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-july-1-8-2019-condo-taken-others-welcome-to-join-us.21181/
Awesome! Great to be with family...Have fun!

I'm going to Abacos the following week. Can't wait...

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Julian, I am in Lakeland, so I trailer over to Tampa Bay most of the time. Hit the Chain of Lakes in Winter Haven as they are 15 mins away versus an hour. Ill put in my location on my profile tonight.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
@Waylander have you tried the Harris Chain in Leesburg? It’s not too far from you. I liked it better than the Winter Haven Chain. Bigger lakes and more to do.

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Waylander have you tried the Harris Chain in Leesburg? It’s not too far from you. I liked it better than the Winter Haven Chain. Bigger lakes and more to do.
Not yet, I want to real bad just haven't took the run up yet. I drive over the Harris chain about twice a month and always think"man this is nice"

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Not yet, I want to real bad just haven't took the run up yet. I drive over the Harris chain about twice a month and always think"man this is nice"
It’s really nice up there. The Dora Canal is awesome. If you ever need any advice up there please let me know.

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It’s really nice up there. The Dora Canal is awesome. If you ever need any advice up there please let me know.
Is there restaurants with docks in any if the lakes or canals?

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Is there restaurants with docks in any if the lakes or canals?
On the Dead River between Lake Harris and Lake Eustis there is a hurricane’s restaurant that has nice docs and has great food.DC29B60A-8BA6-4AB2-A0B2-F94A8E46E287.jpeg

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Waylander anytime you coming over this way let me know. I live not far from the Harris COL, As @Patsfan67 stated there is Hurricanes, but also Puddlejumpers (off Lake Dora where the seaplanes fly from), and Palm Gardens. Some pretty good options on various lakes and super easy to get to.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

MMWalton1119

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
@Waylander We're fellow Lakelanders. We hit Tampabay, Sarasota, and lots of different River rides. One of our Favorites is heading up to Deland and put in the St. Johns to ride up to Silver Glenn and back. Real nice ride with only a couple of no wakes. Our Daughter loves the Winter Haven Chain but she is also one of the skiers for the Cyprus Gardens Ski team so she is always out there more than us. Sarasota is probably our favorite destination because I can hit Tampa Bay or all the way down to Venice if I want. If you want give a shout when you're heading out always looking to meet fellow Jetboaters.

Mjolsen74

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Waylander We're fellow Lakelanders. We hit Tampabay, Sarasota, and lots of different River rides. One of our Favorites is heading up to Deland and put in the St. Johns to ride up to Silver Glenn and back. Real nice ride with only a couple of no wakes. Our Daughter loves the Winter Haven Chain but she is also one of the skiers for the Cyprus Gardens Ski team so she is always out there more than us. Sarasota is probably our favorite destination because I can hit Tampa Bay or all the way down to Venice if I want. If you want give a shout when you're heading out always looking to meet fellow Jetboaters.
@MMWalton1119

I live up in the Deland Area, work in Orlando. Grew up on the St. Johns and lakes off of it. Silver Glen is a great place to hang out, can get wild but always have a great time. Ever go to Salt Springs? a little north of the glen and on the same side of Lake George.

Just picked up my 2019 242x and looking for recommendations on wake boarding. I've been off the river for the last 15 years and wow.. are there WAY more gators than when I was growing up or am I just a worried parent and aware??? hahaha I used to kneeboard down the river to the glen.. I don't think I could do it now! We saw at least 10 IN the channel just hanging out last weekend!

mike