• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from Oregon

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We bought a new 2016 242 LSE on Friday, and hopefully will take delivery sometime next week. Not that the weather here is suitable for doing anything other than parking it in the shop and going over it in agonizing detail for another couple months, but that's OK.

I've been boating since before I could drive, but this is my first jet, other than skis. Many thanks to the forum for all the great information.

Here she is in the showroom:

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats... beautiful boat..... greetings from "the couv"...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice looking set up. Welcome

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
congrats....I LOVE mine!!!

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks!

@malibu Dan I hope the pic of snow on your truck is the last snow I see this winter. We are not equipped for it in the valley, and we got off easy compared to what you guys have had to deal with!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great boat and hard to beat red. Oregon weather has been crazy. Spent the last 2 months there and banged into every ice and snow storm. Your right that they are not prepared! In NYC now and a standard snow storm is on its way. Back in Portland next week.... I bet there will be another ice storm

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You're definitely timing your travel well! Minor flooding out here this week, maybe you'll just be treated to 'normal' Oregon liquid sunshine next week.

I grew up in Maine, and even after fifteen years out here I'm still amazed at the chaos created by a few inches of snow.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @Thom she looks awesome.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, she is a beauty!!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! My favorite color combo! I have its little brother the SX210 in black and red. If we ever feel the need to go bigger than 21', your exact boat will be the one we get! So far the 21' is suiting our needs great. Enjoy! Take some pics on the water once you get it out, would love to see some.

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. I will most definitely snap a few pics. At this point I can hardly stand the wait. The boxes of boat accessories have already begun to arrive.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats and welcome to the group!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They retailed for about 66k when they came out in 2016 correct? You mind me asking what the final sale price was? Cool that they had a leftover new one. I actually prefer this color scheme on yours a little better than the 2017 black and red one.

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out the door was 10% less than the price of a 2017 and included 5 years of warranty, full mooring cover, and some other extras. We like the color scheme better than the 2017 black and red as well - had we bought a 2017 it would've been the white and blue.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out the door was 10% less than the price of a 2017 and included 5 years of warranty, full mooring cover, and some other extras. We like the color scheme better than the 2017 black and red as well - had we bought a 2017 it would've been the white and blue.
Sounds like you got a really good deal....enjoy!

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Brought her home yesterday.

It was all I could do to not go right to the lake, but the wife was at work and would've been less than forgiving had I taken the first run without her.

I spent last weekend moving things around so there'd be a nice space in the shop for the boat, but when I went to back it in I realized that the 10' wide door had been framed in such a way that the opening only had 9'6" clear. I don't have a straight shot backing in, as the pad in front of the building is 30'x30' and requires a hard turn from the driveway to access. I gave it a shot, but my backing skills require more than an inch or two of margin, so I chickened out. I ended up shuffling things around and putting it in my garage, which will be okay for now.

The placement does leave a nice seating area behind the boat where I can sit and daydream about summer. I'm thinking that if I weld a ball to the bucket on my tractor I can use it to push the boat around and pretty easily get the angle I need to get it in the shop, so I'll have to add that to the list of projects.

The first project for today will be replacing the bow roller on the trailer. Then lots more reading.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your garage has 12' overhead doors and a car lift?
I may be moving in next door real soon.