• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from South Carolina

Hal G.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hi everyone. My name is Hal. I live on Lake Murray. I am new to the forum but have had my 2014 SX192 for about 2 years.I want to add a few mods and figured this is the best place to get advise on where to start. The only thing that I have done so far was to install a thrust vector kit.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. My name is Hal. I live on Lake Murray. I am new to the forum but have had my 2014 SX192 for about 2 years.I want to add a few mods and figured this is the best place to get advise on where to start. The only thing that I have done so far was to install a thrust vector kit.
Welcome!
They will love to spend your money here, LOL.

I'm sure you have seen this:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-192-mods.6550/
@SamCF has pushed his 192 to 60mph, unbelievable mods, so you have some catching up to do!!!

--

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey @Hal G. ! I'm just North of Greenville, SC, I usually go to lake Keowee but we have been wanting to check out lake Murray. Not sure if you are looking to do performance mods, but I would love to try my Dean's Team ECU in a stock 192. I think everyone here wants to know how it will work. We will have to see if we can get together and try it.

Check out the link Swatski posted, there's a ton of info in there. It's a long read, but everything you can do for performance has at least been discussed.

Other than performance, there is a crazy amount of info on here with pics, tutorials, and knowledgeable people willing to help.

Hal G.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I would love to try and get together.I would love to see what the ÉCU will do. I want to do some mods but mostly want to get the heat soak issue taking care of. I have two boys and they love to tube so I notice the rpm drop after running for awhile. I have been looking at the YAMAHA FX SVHO FZR SHO 1.8 INTERCOOLER & BLOW OFF but the factory SVHO is cheaper and since I don't plan on going to crazy with the mods at the moment may be more of what I need.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Hal G. glad you found us and decided to join. Good luck with finding all the mods you can handle here. ;)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are few members that call Lake Murray home. I live in Chapin thanks to @Andy S recommending that I check it out as it is also where he lives. I have done mostly electrical and audio mods. 2 JL amps, sub, added and upgraded speakers, push button start, shore charger, connext voltage fix, dvsr combine with engine on only, push button start, cobra steering, bow roller swap, and ridesteady to cover most of them.

I have noticed that heat and humidity decrease my top end. Now that things have cooled off I get a couple of extra mph top end. Not much time spent at top end though. Lake Murray is big so I cruise in the 30-35 mph range to conserve fuel and make for a more comfy ride for everyone on board with all of the boat traffic chop that is prevalent on Lake Murray.

I am the only gray hull and tower 242 LS I have seen out here so don’t be afraid to wave us down if you see us out there. We spend most of our time west of Timberlake but do get over to Liberty and Bomb Island now and again. Liquid Therapy is embroidered as the boat name on the lower seat backs.

Welcome to the site and enjoy all the mods on here.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Hal! I may hit you up for some advice on where to live around Lake Murray. I'm looking to re-locate in a year or two!!

Hal G.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I live by Larry koon landing facing the damn. I can see bomb island from my house.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW! That lloks like an amazing location!!!!

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @Hal G. ! I'm just North of Greenville, SC, I usually go to lake Keowee but we have been wanting to check out lake Murray. Not sure if you are looking to do performance mods, but I would love to try my Dean's Team ECU in a stock 192. I think everyone here wants to know how it will work. We will have to see if we can get together and try it.

Check out the link Swatski posted, there's a ton of info in there. It's a long read, but everything you can do for performance has at least been discussed.

Other than performance, there is a crazy amount of info on here with pics, tutorials, and knowledgeable people willing to help.

I'll give you a like for Greenville, SC and another for Lake Keowee...see you at the Tiki Hut! HA!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome @Hal G. Keep in mind, most of us seem to eventually define "a few mods" as 10+! I can't wait to get my lateral thrusters around the end of the year. We spend most of our time on Keowee an Jocassee, but have also hit Greenwood Hartwell and the Marion/Moultrie/Cooper River run to Charleston (a blast). We definitely need to come check out Murray.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another SC boater here. Currently live in Greenville SC and moving to Greenville NC. I've heard nothing but good about lake Murray but never been on it. Usually out at lake Keowee.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the forums! I also boat on Murray during the season. I started with a AR192 and had the heat soak issues as well. I never got around to fixing the issue since I upgraded to an AR240 but most have cured the issue with the IC upgrade. Like @Mainah said if you see an AR240 with Motor Boatin on the stern give a wave. I can't wait to get back on the water. If you would like you can PM me your phone # and when I return from Afghanistan we can all meet up. Maybe have a small gathering in June. Once again, welcome!

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome! This site is awesome filled with really awesome folks. We live between Anderson & Belton... boat mainly at Keowee & Jocassee. Hope you enjoy your time on here!