• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from VA

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello from Zion Crossroads, VA. I recently sold my OLD Sea Ray and am now about to join the Yamaha Jet Boat (AR230 or 240) community. I've spent MONTHS reading this forum (which is why I decided on a jet boat and a Yamaha one at that) and figured since the new boat is now a reality I should sign up. If all goes well, I'm going to try to go on the Bimini Fling this year!!!

Jeff

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @JeffVans Glad that you joined and good luck with your boat search and purchase. Make sure to post lots of pics.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the Yama-hood.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, I'm from Louisa, but live in Woodbridge, spend most of my weekends on Lake Anna....

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome, I'm from Louisa, but live in Woodbridge, spend most of my weekends on Lake Anna....
Cool!!! I plan on being out there when the weather breaks. I'll hit you up when I go and we can hook up!

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m from Mechanicsville and going to Bimini as well.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with your new boat.
I seldom go to lake Anna, I boat mostly the James and Potomac

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m from Mechanicsville and going to Bimini as well.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with your new boat.
I seldom go to lake Anna, I boat mostly the James and Potomac
COOL!!! Yeah I'll be there too. lol I lived in Southern MD for about 10 years I'm definately more familiar with the Potomac than Lake Anna or the James. I want to go up to cobb island some time this summer seems like it would be a pretty fun day trip.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I never been to Cobb island but I would definitely be interested. We make a run every year from deltaville to tangier island which is fun.
I like to hang out at sharks tooth island on the Potomac, really cool spot to drop the anchor and hang in the beach.
There is also a couple good spots on the James where to hang out close to Richmond..

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I never been to Cobb island but I would definitely be interested. We make a run every year from deltaville to tangier island which is fun.
I like to hang out at sharks tooth island on the Potomac, really cool spot to drop the anchor and hang in the beach.
There is also a couple good spots on the James where to hang out close to Richmond..
Yeah one of my friends used to go out to sharks tooth island quite a bit and his son actually found quite a bit of them. I mostly just fished and duck hunted on the Potomac. Sounds like we definitely need to hook up sometime this summer... Just as soon as I can figure out which model/year to buy... this is torture trying to decide. lol

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If your looking for a 24’ which if your going to Bimini I’m sure you are, check out commonwealth boat brokers in Ashland by bass pro. They have 2014 242 limited with low hours for 38k. You can offer them 10% less and if you stay firm you will get it. I think it’s a great deal, if not I know someone who wants it but has to sell a 2012 sea doo 18’. I can’t remember the model but it’s a really cool looking orange limited edition with a really awesome full wetsounds sound system. I know he will be happy with 16k

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool thanks for the tip. And yeah I'm looking at either a AR 230 or 240, or possibly a 242 for the right price.