• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help 😎

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hey guys got my first jetboat lx2000 03 model
Getting discouraged allready just listened to it
Run on trailer bought from friend steering was stuck changed cable now I find control cable broke wondering if this is to be expected on older models any info r tips appreciated

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location so we know where you're at,

You've got a 17 year old 2 stroke boat expect to work on it a lot, cables are just one of those things that need to be changed eventually,

was it run in salt water ?

if the engines are running ok I would probably also take a close inspection of,

Oil lines if it hasn't been switched to premix
impeller bearings
scupper valve
bilge pump
impellers

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and you posted this in the "members tips / ideas " section, it probably would get more views in your boats section or even general discussion area.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location so we know where you're at,

You've got a 17 year old 2 stroke boat expect to work on it a lot, cables are just one of those things that need to be changed eventually,

was it run in salt water ?

if the engines are running ok I would probably also take a close inspection of,

Oil lines if it hasn't been switched to premix
impeller bearings
scupper valve
bilge pump
impellers

Louisiana here yep your rite makes me wonder why I bought it lol it will be awhile b4 it hits water for sure figured it was worth 3gs at any rate ty for tips buddy