• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! 242 limited

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So thought I was gonna have to go the 21ft route to stay within budget but a neighbor is selling a 2012 242 limited with only 25hrs, no trailer for $32K. Is this a good deal?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, since you may likely know the maintenance and operational behavior of the captain. Trailers are inexpensive. 25 hours the boat is practically new. There are some threads on this site about what to look for when buying a jetboat ... it would be worth the due diligence to review these posts.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are the nada values of that boat for my area (ncal). Supposedly both prices include the trailer cost but when I specified a tandem axle 25’ trailer the price is higher.

If the boat is in good condition the price is great for practically a new boat considering nada does not account for the hours (low or high) on the engines. The price is even better still if any extras like a chart plotter, fins, etc. are included.

I’ve noticed that in my area people ask for mid to low nada in the off-season and mid to high during the season.

6BBA495F-724C-4FB3-869A-6A8748B8B8B8.png

1B4BB853-039F-41F6-91F6-FEF4159A7F9A.png

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, hopefully we can get the boat.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
6 yrs old with 25 hrs?

Id be honestly concerned with lack of use. sitting boats arent being maintained. (same with motorcycles)

I dont think It would completely scare me off, but I would be EXTRA cautious, especially if its sat outside(a deal killer for me)

price is good though.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
just FYI..just LIMITED not the S...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The limiteds are worth less than the limited s since the former dont have a tower or docking lights, so the asking price is not as good as i thought it was initially.

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wrong on the year, its a 2014. Makes more sense on the hrs, he said they bought new at the end of 2014 so only had 3 summers. I have a test drive tomorrow and my dad has a trailer for his 24ft chaparral I can have so that figured out. If everything checks out we will be joining the Yamaha family for the first time, exciting!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice, the 2014 models are sweet. It was the last year before they added a keel, rudder and 6 inches to the length, so 2014 was the most mature of the first generation 240s. I think the limited Not Limited S had to captains chairs and a full cockpit coverage bimini. Please post pics of it deployed if you get the boat.

Why are you selling the SeaDoo Wake?

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t know why it said I had a sea doo but the last boat was an X45. I started another tread but I did pull the trigger on the 242. Boat is awesome and can’t wait for it to warm up and really use it. Thanks for all yalls help!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase!

No thanks necessary but would love to see some pics.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
awesome boat! Congrats! Maybe the best year of these boats. Oil cooler issues were resolved, and I think that year is before the timing chain issues, plus no connext screen to bug out.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
man thats a good looking machine. enjoy

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations, be sure to check out the FAQ tab for lots of great DIY ideas and maintenance, where will you be boating?

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Travis in Austin, Brazos River in Waco and down at the coast, clear lake galveston area.

1_fast_ar240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat, i just bought one, we were doing a jet ski ride couple weeks back in lake travis. Let us know when you come doen to houston. Enjoy