• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

help cleaning the tan bimini top

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Trying to clean my 2015 tan bimini top on the driveway with the frame still in it but its not going well. Is it possible to take the frame out without cutting the top or drilling our any rivets in the frame to I can put it in the washing machine?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ric my 2013 Bimini disconnects and the frame can be removed from the boat. Not sure the canvas material would do well with pressure washing, but this might be an option if you can't get the oil out. I'd start with the most gentle pressure washing nozzle and see if this helps

major

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Marine 31 from Amazon will easily clean your bimini

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just did this on my 2009, not sure if your's is the same. I took my bimini frame off the wake tower, then there was one screw needed for me to take off to slip the canvas off. I soaked it in oxi clean and water in a bucket for 24 hours. Then washed it on handwash in the washing machine. After that I still noticed mold/mildew on some parts. So I bought some mold/mildew remover for canvas at walmart. Sprayed that stuff on per directions and it almost all but disappeared in 5 mins. Tossed it back into the washing machine on handwash to rinse it clean and it looks almost new again. I'll wait until a warm day to spray waterproofing/UV protector stuff on there.