• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Connext ligts up but didnt load

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have 242x E 2017. Connext screen lights up with yamaha sign. But is not loading. Beep sound in the beginning also not working. Tahometrs arrows is not moving at the start also. Do you think its the screen module not working or this could be other reasons?

Attachments

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since tahometrs not working and buzz is not beeping on start May be its someother control unit?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Since tahometrs not working and buzz is not beeping on start May be its someother control unit?
Yeah sounds like communication issue. Check all your ground wires in the engine compartment for corrosion, including the main ground lines for the engines.

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have changed the display unit. Now its working

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That’s an expensive part, how much did a new display cost you? Or did you get lucky and found a used one somewhere?

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
New one cost $2000. Im Lucky its in the stock, for example, for newer 24ft X E boats 2018-2021 displays are not available. I tryed to fix the old one in the electronic repair Shop itdidnt work they said something wrong with the memory.

RonnieWPB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m having the same exact issue and so far I haven’t find a solution to fix it.
I’m wondering if I have to purchase a new Connext screen for my 2018, might as well buy the 7 inch screen or the 12 inch screen and would it be compatible ?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m having the same exact issue and so far I haven’t find a solution to fix it.
I’m wondering if I have to purchase a new Connext screen for my 2018, might as well buy the 7 inch screen or the 12 inch screen and would it be compatible ?
While replacing with a larger/newer screen would be great, firmware for the units are dependent upon model versions and revisions...unless Yamaha can source one that will work (I doubt it), it's generally best to replace with the same unit. The MFD's are made to spec for Yamaha by other companies, so they're not always interchangeable.

RonnieWPB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought the 2020 212 Connext screen. Once it arrives… I will test it and see if it works… if it has the same connectors and number of pins..etc.
if it doesn’t work… I would just the the same exact one.