• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Hit a stick and it left its mark on Big Red

Zyglett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the mark is from a random larger stick floating in the water. Hit it going about 20 Mph. Doesn't just rub out. Haven't tried buffing or anything, but just wanted to get thoughts from others on solutions.

received_331711068909323~2.jpeg

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recommend finding a company that repairs fiberglass tubs. Looks like a light sanding/buffing would fix it. Tub repair companies charge much less than boat repair.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
A magic eraser or some wet sanding might get that out. I can’t tell from the pic if bare fiberglass is showing.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't see any scratches in the gelcoat. You could try a magic eraser. If you want to clean it and have a layer of wax applied try rubbing it out in a circular motion with this. 3M Marine 1-Step Cleaner & Wax, Pint | West Marine
Magic eraser is abrasive, it could take the glossy shine off if not really careful.

I use this on a 31 yo hull to clean and wax the gelcoat with great results to my old eyes.

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A magic eraser or some wet sanding might get that out. I can’t tell from the pic if bare fiberglass is showing.
I have been totally amazed at what a magic eraser can do. Wet that thing and be amazed at what it can remove. Just saying.....

Zyglett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Magic eraser worked! Thank you :D first time ever using it lol. Didn't look at directions.. I didn't even wet it like directions said to and it still worked lol

Zyglett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been totally amazed at what a magic eraser can do. Wet that thing and be amazed at what it can remove. Just saying.....
Yup that did it, even though I forgot to wet it lol. Just rubbed it a ton XD