• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help identifying bolt needed? Please help

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So today on the water the hinge and bolt came off the cover for the engine department on Yamaha SX190. Boat is a 2020 so very disappointed. But if anyone can identify the bolts needed to replace (picture attached). Thanks

Attachments

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So today on the water the hinge and bolt came off the cover for the engine department on Yamaha SX190. Boat is a 2020 so very disappointed. But if anyone can identify the bolts needed to replace (picture attached). Thanks
Same thing happend to me in my 07. I just took a bolt from the other hinge and found an exact replacement from home depot.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happen to know the size and was it threaded completely to screw into bolt and hinge as well?

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not remember the size. It was threaded all the way I do remember there were 4 large washers. Did you loose all the bolts from both hinges?

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not remember the size. It was threaded all the way I do remember there were 4 large washers. Did you loose all the bolts from both hinges?
I’ll do a more thorough check but when I felt under the other one, it felt like there was only one bolt in which makes me think both only had one bolt.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately very common. Once you get this worked out with this set of bolts, take a screwdriver and tighten everything. If you're an overachiever, put some antiseize on each one, too.

I know, it is tempting to take the boat back and have them fix it (after all the money you spent). I did my own because a) I didn't want to go without my boat for several weeks while they played with it and 2) I wanted to know it was done and done right.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the diagram. Helps a lot. Wish it showed size so I can just pick it up at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I’ve googled the part number and can’t find any description from anyone on actual size.
I think I remember the bolt being something like 1/4 20 course thread and 1.25 or 1.5 inches long. But that is my model which is an 07.

I would just take the only one you have left off and bring it to home depot and find a match

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes! Thanks. The second ones sizes isn’t listed but assume it’s the same.? Thoughts?

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes! Thanks. The second ones sizes isn’t listed but assume it’s the same.? Thoughts?
Never mind. I see the difference. One is a screw and one is a bolt. Same length.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ace hardware in my area has a good selection of loose hardware in stainless. That might be an option if HD or Lowe's does not have what you are looking for.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This same thing JUST happened to me today on my 2019 AR195. Lost 3/4 of the bolts holding the engine hatch cover on. I reinstalled them all using blue Loctite. I agree that these shouldn’t come loose this fast on a hatch cover that’s not opened all that much.

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update on the engine hatch latches. Completed. Although it shows a 1/4-20 x 1/2 bolt, it’s actually a 1/4-20 x 1 bolt for anyone who needs it. I used that, two 1/4 x 1 washers and Loctite. I’ve attached pictures as prior to starting 3 of the 4 bolts were gone! Which actually makes me think they only put one on each hinge 🤦🏼‍♂️!! First two pics are before and last pic is finished.

Attachments

Lacylover195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys! Sorry to open an old thread.
I just bought a 2020 sx190 last night and on the way home the engine hatch flew open and 3 bolts and assuming 6 washers fell into the engine bay. I found one screw and 4 washers. Still missing 2 bolts and 2 washers and having a hard time finding them. Any tips to help locate them? Any other hatches I can open? Or places to look?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Idea 1: a magnet

Idea 2: shop vac with a piece of cheesecloth wrapped over the end, secured well with a rubber band

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length