• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me pick a trailer tire

What tire would you go with?

• Total voters

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys, need to replace the trailer tires, blew one on the way home last weekend and now I don't trust the rest. After doing some research it looks like the Maxxis M8008 and the Goodyear Endurance are the two options in my size (205/75R15). Both seem to have an equal level of failure with maybe an edge to Goodyear as being more reliable. Cost is about the same, I'm leaning slightly to Goodyear (always a fan of Made in the USA) but if you had to what would you go with? Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks!

IMG_5531.jpg

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've had great success with Maxxis on my travel trailer. That being said, if money is no object, I'd go with goodyear.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would go with the Goodyear tire as it has a N speed rating-87mph. Not that I’ll be towing at 87 mph, but because most ST tires are only rated at 65 mph. Dealt with a lot of the pos made in China ST tires over the years and finally arrived at Michelin XPS Rib tires on my RV, since thise are not available in your size S well as mine I’ll be going with the Goodyear’s.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
71C333CF-A35E-4268-A6C0-E5C957341359.jpeg
I put 4 of these on at the beginning of last season and they have probably over 4,000 miles on them with no issues. Made trips from Illinois to N. Michigan, Coralville IA, Destin FL, and all over our local area. On the interstate I usually travel at 80mph and the local roads are crap but these tires are holding up. One thing I recommend if you do any long distance towing is to have whatever you buy balanced.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stopped in a trailer shop in Havasu a couple weeks ago. They make custom boat and heavy equipment trailers. The told me the best trailer tire they have ever used is the Vision Marine Heavy Hauler. I looked it up when I was out there. Rated at 81 mph at 115 degrees. Made for high heat conditions. Discount tire is a dealer. I went ahead and put them on as the local Discount had them in stock.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I stopped in a trailer shop in Havasu a couple weeks ago. They make custom boat and heavy equipment trailers. The told me the best trailer tire they have ever used is the Vision Marine Heavy Hauler. I looked it up when I was out there. Rated at 81 mph at 115 degrees. Made for high heat conditions. Discount tire is a dealer. I went ahead and put them on as the local Discount had them in stock.
Looked them up, they look nice but unfortunately do not come in a 15" rim size.

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just put Good Year Endurance tires on this year. I have had stock bias tires and generic radial and have had blow outs with each. I have only put about 500 miles on the trailer this year but they have been great so far. I will be traveling to Florida in a couple weeks from DC area so I can report back after our vacation. I think other tires are probably just as good but I always buy American if I the price isn’t that much higher.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just put Good Year Endurance tires on this year. I have had stock bias tires and generic radial and have had blow outs with each. I have only put about 500 miles on the trailer this year but they have been great so far. I will be traveling to Florida in a couple weeks from DC area so I can report back after our vacation. I think other tires are probably just as good but I always buy American if I the price isn’t that much higher.
I rolled with Good Year Endurance across the country in my RV (way heavier than my boat) in 2019 for 3 months, covering about 15K miles with no issues. You should be A-OK with your trip.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thank you for that! I make the trip out there often from so. California and have lost two tires to the heat.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A decision was made, boat now rides on Goodyear Endurance with a second spare. Thanks for all the input, we shall see how these do.
IMG_5558.jpgIMG_5559.jpg

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did the same brand last season and has been doing well thus far.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Goodyear Endurance is good, I have also heard a lot of good things about Hercules (they make mostly semi tires).
The spare on my Bayliner trailer now has a Hercules, haven't used it yet.
On my Monterey trailer I run Arisun. They are Chinese, but have held up well so far.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Put the first 1100 miles on the Goodyears last weekend, so far so good.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What wheels are you using? And where did you buy them ? Thanks in advance
Wheels are Raceline 840's that came with the trailer. I bought a spare directly from Raceline 840 Arsenal

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
View attachment 146712
I put 4 of these on at the beginning of last season and they have probably over 4,000 miles on them with no issues. Made trips from Illinois to N. Michigan, Coralville IA, Destin FL, and all over our local area. On the interstate I usually travel at 80mph and the local roads are crap but these tires are holding up. One thing I recommend if you do any long distance towing is to have whatever you buy balanced.
80 MPH? If you tow at 80 MPH in CA, you're going the the Gray Bar Inn.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
80 MPH? If you tow at 80 MPH in CA, you're going the the Gray Bar Inn.
Just keeping up with traffic in most cases. Been towing bigger trailers with a lot bigger loads than a boat for a majority of my driving life and am comfortable doing things with trailers that most don't even think of.