• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help please. Sea doo speedster 200

Cdud22

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi there. I am new here and trying to decide on what to do. My family and I are looking to buy a boat. I have always wanted a sea doo boat. I found one
dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/boa/d/2006-seadoo-200-speedster-430/6381767958.html

It says it has 20hrs on it...it is a 2006.

Has some minor issues interior side for sitting for so long.

Any thoughts on this Boat.

To buy or not to buy.

Thanks

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Would be a really fun boat! But how the heck does it only have 20 hours? Something is amiss. 200 hours perhaps? My 2008 had 240 hours 2 years ago.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree that the 20 hours is questionable and probably more like 200. For that boat, just make sure you have a qualified mechanic close to enough where you will be comfortable going since you will probably need some maintenance along the way. I would recommend having them look over and survey the boat before buying it if that is an option. You also want to run a boat on the water before buying it if at all possible. Some people have gotten away skipping that step and others that have problems with a used boat have generally skipped that step as well.

Cdud22

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I know. They said an older man bought the boat died shortly after and the son took it over.

Thanks for your help and advice. I will take it out on the water for sure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cdud22 Looks fun!!!
It could be a great find.
It is a blast to zip around a lake. If you plan to boat in any serious chop though, may need to look for something more... boring, with a bit of a keel, LOL.
I don’t know anything about these engines, but some mechanics will not work on them. I would want to make sure I have access to someone who’s familiar with Rotax. I think those are generally very reliable, but may need specialized service/maintenance such as scheduled supercharger rebuilds. This model may still have the ceramic SC bearings, so that service is essential.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely going to have the ceramic washers. Rebuild IMMEDIATELY. Budget $900 if you can pull the chargers yourself (then send off for rebuild), or $1500-$2000 if you're paying someone else for the whole job. They aren't overly complicated to remove - youtube it up before you decide against that option. Pretty simple actually. Otherwise, bulletproof engines.

Price seems a twang on the high side pending what interior issues it has, but it's not an easy boat to find and there isn't gonna be much faster out there. If you have a family of four and think you'll take friends out, you're going to find that boat overly crowded very quick - they weren't very roomy. Plenty of power for however many you can comfortably sit though!

Cdud22

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Thanks for all of your help. The interior does need some work because it has been sitting out in the sun and weather elements for some time now.

This boat is being sold through Dallasboats4sale.com, so, it is a 3rd party selling for the owner. He is looking to see if the washers have been replaced.

Thanks

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dont take the owner's or dealer's word for it if they claim the washers have been replaced, get in writing preferably from a seadoo dealership.
If the ceramic washers were not replaced and they fail on you they destroy the superchargers, cha ching $$$ !

I see that model for sale on craigslist here in Ncal but not often and are almost always priced at or above nada/blue book. If the interior cannot be patched and needs to be replaced instead that could cost thousands.

Here is a link to the only comparable boat currently available on craigslist SF/Sacramento.
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/2004-bombardier-seadoo/6400954893.html

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cdud22 I would not buy it if I were you and here it is why....

3 year ago I was very very motivated to buy the same boat. The thought was we are family of four, the boat is big enough and I can tow it with a Honda CRV. A couple of boats I looked did not work out and I was very depressed about it. Fast forward to November of 2016 and through this forum I stabled on 2012 sx240 with 26 hours ( not a typo) and 7K worth of upgrads. I bought that for $35K. This boat took me to Bimini and back this July and I could not have been happier not for failing to put the seadoo. I would say be patient and some boat will show up in the forum. Your kids are still young so you have time. I would not buy it just because it seems cheap. Sometimes a bit extra money buys you a Lot more boat and Better boat.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did @Amar Nanduri sell his AR240, yet? That's a great boat for someone!!!

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Did @Amar Nanduri sell his AR240, yet? That's a great boat for someone!!!

--
Nope, I haven't bought it, lol I know he wants it gone! I really wish my wife was as motivated to buy as I am! She seems to think we need to update the house... I mean, it's been fine since the 60's, why fix it?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope, I haven't bought it, lol I know he wants it gone! I really wish my wife was as motivated to buy as I am! She seems to think we need to update the house... I mean, it's been fine since the 60's, why fix it?
I think you need to start a conversation with @Cdud22 where he buys your boat and then you buy Amar's boat.

Note: that I have to make a trip to PA in the near future to pick up @Water Girl 's tower and I will be glad to tow Amar's boat back to Dallas or for that matter, come get your boat from IL and bring it to Dallas as long as you pick my tower while picking Amar's boat.

This is so exciting it is not even funny. :D Not just a win-win, but a win-win-win-win. 4 happy owners & 1 great forum. Me happy, @Speedling happy, @Cdud22 happy, @Amar Nanduri happy..... Don't yall worry about @swatski, he is happy to be alive and having the opportunity to feel @007's nuts this evening. :eek:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you need to start a conversation with @Cdud22 where he buys your boat and then you buy Amar's boat.

Note: that I have to make a trip to PA in the near future to pick up @Water Girl 's tower and I will be glad to tow Amar's boat back to Dallas or for that matter, come get your boat from IL and bring it to Dallas as long as you pick my tower while picking Amar's boat.

This is so exciting it is not even funny. :D Not just a win-win, but a win-win-win-win. 4 happy owners & 1 great forum. Me happy, @Speedling happy, @Cdud22 happy, @Amar Nanduri happy..... Don't yall worry about @swatski, he is happy to be alive and having the opportunity to feel @007's nuts this evening. :eek:
We may be watching history in the making, creation of a new trade route: "The Yamaha Silk Road".

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are very cool boat I almost bought one a couple years back as well. I have no regrets that I didn't as it would not have fit my needs at all but man it sure sounded like fun. I agree with @veedubtek seems a bit on the high end price wise but I do know that most people who have these try and command a premium for them just not sure its worth it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Lol i would be game depending on what i get for my very used boat! Lol

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Lol i would be game depending on what i get for my very used boat! Lol
Use this formulae...

The loss on the old boat < the gains on the new boat.

That is how I am approaching for my new boat

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri your justification logic is as bad as mine.

My 4 year old asks me if we can go treasure hunting with a boat and I end in Bimini.
one year later my 5 year old asks me if she can have private bathroom as a gift for her 6th birthday and we are building a house.

I am scarred on what she is going to ask next or what I am going to do next...
I am secretly hoping that she asks for a mommy upgrade ( maybe a new Japanese model) :D

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri your justification logic is as bad as mine.

My 4 year old asks me if we can go treasure hunting with a boat and I end in Bimini.
one year later my 5 year old asks me if she can have private bathroom as a gift for her 6th birthday and we are building a house.

I am scarred on what she is going to ask next or what I am going to do next...
I am secretly hoping that she asks for a mommy upgrade ( maybe a new Japanese model) :D
You are allowed to dream ;)